Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Pull My Tongue [iOS Puzzle Game]

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Zilk, Jul 26, 2015.

1. Schneider21

Schneider21

God, I am so ready for this game to come out already!

2. Zilk

Zilk

Hah, me too :D

3. Zilk

Zilk

I have been making levels all week so I decided to take a break and add something fun :)
    He flies away if the object he lands on is moved or if the tongue gets close. The object he lands on is randomized as well :)

4. dlawrence

dlawrence

I could see the new fly animation being confusing to the player initially. Does it serve a purpose, or is he just for show? If I was playing and I saw it, I would expect to be able to catch him with the tongue, maybe as a secondary objective or something.

5. Zilk

Zilk

It is just for fun and to bind the gameplay together with the intro a bit more. He doesn't show everytime though and simply flies away if you interact with him in any way. I look at him as Gregs friend through the worlds :)

6. Zilk

Zilk

Now the game is sent in to Apple for review! I'll have the official release date any day now :)

LeftyRighty and theANMATOR2b like this.
  7. Fu11English

Fu11English

This is really well done. I wish you all the success with it!

Zilk likes this.
  8. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Hey @Zilk - Just wanted to send you some praise. This is one of the few games I've been looking forward to - to release.
    Will surely check it out when it releases on iOS.
    Congrats.

Zilk likes this.
  9. Zilk

Zilk

Aw, thanks man! :) I think the trailer will launch this weekend so I'll make sure to post that as well :)

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  10. p0w1nd

p0w1nd

Love the animations!

Zilk likes this.
  11. Schneider21

Schneider21

The wait is almost over! I'm practically pulling my own tongue out in anticipation!

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  12. Zilk

Zilk

Today is the #InternationalPopcornDay, therefor I thought it was fitting to show this brand new trailer today :)

Pull My Tongue will launch on the AppStore on Februari 4th, hope you will like it folks !

13. ADNCG

ADNCG

Congrats, this is currently over the main page of toucharcade

14. Zilk

Zilk

Thanks! Yeah I noticed this morning, feels really nice! I especially liked this part below :D

"I've got to say that the polish, art style, and interesting tongue-stretching mechanic is a really impressive effort coming from just one guy. It'd be impressive coming from a team of fifty."

If anyone else wants to check it out

15. Zilk

Zilk

Just got word that Pull My Tongue just passed Appstore review! Here is a pic of how relieved and happy Greg is

Looks quite chill and happy huh, and you haven't even seen how happy I look :D

theANMATOR2b and Schneider21 like this.
  16. Schneider21

Schneider21

@Zilk You getting any intentional press coverage arranged for launch to boost those numbers? I've no doubt it'll be featured on Apple's lists soon enough, but just wanted to know what kind of efforts you're putting in elsewhere to prep for launch.

17. Mikejmc

Mikejmc

Congrats Zilk! This game is beautiful in every respect. :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
  18. Zilk

Zilk

Noodlecake is handling most of the marketing and launch plans, I'm just doing whatever I can by myself besides that :)

19. Zilk

Zilk

Pull My Tongue is now live on the App Store for $0.99! Hope you guys will check it out :)

It has been a long road but now it's finally out there :D

Mikejmc and p0w1nd like this.
  20. ADNCG

ADNCG

Congrats on the launch!

Are you allowed to disclose any information about your deal with your publisher?

21. Zilk

Zilk

Thanks!

No sorry, can't do that. Give them an email if you have something good though, great guys!

22. ADNCG

ADNCG

Fair enough. Best of luck with the sales!
    +1 sale from Canada ;)

Zilk likes this.
  23. LeftyRighty

LeftyRighty

showing as the third slot on the "best new games" runner here, "front page" no matter the device :) good luck

Zilk likes this.
  24. Schneider21

Schneider21

Oh my god, I love this game so much already. Just tried pulling Greg's tongue out too far and saw his face turn purple and laughed out loud at work...

Excellent work, @Zilk, and congrats on your successful launch! I expect to be seeing this one in the press a good bit!

Zilk likes this.
  25. Zilk

Zilk

Thanks guys! Seems like it got some nice features on the US App Store! :D
    Got some bigger banners and best game spots in the rest of europe and the UK as well.

26. Zilk

Zilk

First review is in with a 4.5 rating from AppAdvice!

"I believe it’s time for someone to step up to the plate and have us all fall in love with another cute, green creature, and Pull My Tongue has certainly done the job"

27. Mikejmc

Mikejmc

Well done Zilk! Very first slot of the NZ App Store's Best New Games. :)

+1 sale.

Zilk likes this.
  28. Zilk

Zilk

Pull My Tongue got into top #10 in the US and UK App Store! It is also ranked top 25 in over 40 countries including Australia, Germany, Spain, Italy, Sweden, Russia and a bunch more :)

It has gotten a few bad reviews because of a crash bug I have on non-metal Retina devices but I have a update awaiting review that fixes that. So most of those pesky one stars should go away when that hits.

29. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

My son loves your game! I had to help him get a couple extra stars and enjoy it greatly. Very fun and entertaining.
    This is a great example of adding in a lot of polished "character" into the game and the player characters. Great work.

Would love to see a post mortem when the dust has settled. Would enjoy reading your thoughts about having IAPs in addition to setting a price, and setting up metals and balancing the levels.

Mikejmc and Schneider21 like this.
  30. Zilk

Zilk

Awesome, kids are the best reviewers ever! If you get your kid to play it there is something there :D

Absolutely, I'm probably gonna write something up when the android version is out and everything has calmed down a bit :)

theANMATOR2b and Mikejmc like this.