Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Publishing The Game.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by II_Spoon_II, Apr 11, 2019.

1. II_Spoon_II

II_Spoon_II

Hello,

I finally finished my game, it's a mobile hyper-casual one with new mechanics, but now I find myself facing another doubt which is the way I publish my game.

I always thought about sending it to a publisher, but after reading some articles, I found that so many big publishers don't like to offer you a contract with a % of the game revenue, they just give you money upfront, money that is not even close to what you gonna gain if you had a percentage, especially that a successful casual game can easily make a 6-7 figures number of earnings in a month with the right publicity.
    Without forgetting the risk of getting your game idea stolen by publishers themselves (too many people complaining from thay).

On the other hand, I don't think publishing the game by my own will do any better since I don't have the budget for the publicity etc..

If anyone have had any experience either working with a publisher or publishing his game on hiw own, I would be interested in hearing your opinions.

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

I don't have an answer to your actual question, but I can say that the threat of having your game idea stolen is a non-issue. Game ideas are constantly recycled and rearranged between games, and your idea can be "stolen" as soon as the first person sees a trailer or downloads it. The only way to prevent the stealing of your game idea is to never promote or release your game.

Also, the execution of your game's idea is considerably more valuable than the idea itself. Game ideas are a dime a dozen.

3. II_Spoon_II

II_Spoon_II

Alright thank you ^^