Search Unity

Publishing Settings - New Build Options

Discussion in 'Android' started by Livealot, Jun 18, 2020.

1. Livealot

Livealot

Can anyone point to documentation or explain all the new toggles in Publishing Settings?

I just tried to update from 2019.2 to the 2019 LTS and pretty sure these new settings and overwrites of my existing manifests is why my build is broken.

gradleOptions.JPG

2. JuliusM

JuliusM

Unity Technologies

Livealot likes this.
  3. Livealot

Livealot

There's a parallel update of Google Play Services Resolver to the Google's External Dependency Manager for Unity (EDMU). So their are two automated processes battling it out behind the scenes. Maybe 3 processes if you count what Package manager does to update packages. In my case, the Unity update created a custom Main Manifest and one of the custom Gradle templates that were wrong.

My second attempt I updated to EDMU BEFORE updating Unity and the conversion worked better.

When your build fails, you also get stuck in a bad state where you can't uncheck the Custom Main Manifest toggle because there is both an Android Manifest file and a Android Manifest.DISABLED file where there should only be one. I think the toggle basically renames one to the other, so having both in the project breaks the toggle.