Search Unity

Publishing on Facebook Gameroom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zFerz, Feb 20, 2018.

1. zFerz

zFerz

Guys, has anybody here released a game on Facebook Gameroom?
    I have submitted one 2 weeks ago but still haven't received any emails from the Facebook team about review status. This is strange and since there is no information about what's going on....I'm nervous
    How long does it take and is that normal to just wait for weeks?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

I don't know about their review times but probably faster to ask on their developer board.

3. peekaboointeractive

peekaboointeractive

Waste of time, I have the same issue, asked Facebook support, useless so far. 2 months+ of waiting. Go somewhere else.

4. Meltdown

Meltdown

Facebook's support is pretty useless, they take on average 6 weeks to respond. It took me a year before I received my first payment from Gameroom. Even though all the required documentation was submitted to them when my game was released.

Ryiah likes this.
  5. mholmes

mholmes

Wow well I don't think I'll waste my time building apps for them if thats the level of customer service they give devs. Wow!

6. Meltdown

Meltdown

Yep, and they wouldn't care either, that's kind of the feeling I got.

7. peekaboointeractive

peekaboointeractive

Still nothing from them, submitted game, it passed/was approved, ran regular (paid) ad campaigns etc on Facebook. Cant get the game listed in search. Avoid.

8. I_Am_DreReid

I_Am_DreReid

Facebook gameroom still exists????

9. peekaboointeractive

peekaboointeractive

Its does unfortunately. Finally heard back from them after 6 weeks+. The response is below. So they allow you to go to all the trouble of porting a game, approve it, then dont allow it to be searchable even after you spent money on ads and porting the game. Then give you no reason/feedback on the decision, close the thread and thats it.

Avoid like the plague!!

"thanks for your patience. The answer I got from the Gamesroom team was that games are not guaranteed to be searchable within Gameroom. If a developer has their game approved for app center then that's all the approval they need.
    I apologize as this is not the answer you were hoping to hear.
    Andrew L. · · Facebook Team

10. GCatz

GCatz

you have lost the 3 people that plays in the gameroom