Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Publishing Changes breaks my Code Editor

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by mailfromthewilds, Apr 17, 2020.

1. mailfromthewilds

mailfromthewilds

all variables go red in VSCode when i publish to collaborate. and i have to reset VSC.

any fix to this?? im sure im not the only one !!

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @mailfromthewilds, could you tell me which version of Unity and Collaborate you're using? (You can find the Collab version in the Package Manager)

3. modohash

modohash

This happens to me as well, using the dev setting to refresh the window or closing and opening VSCode fixes it but it's pretty annoying.

I'm using Unity 2019.3.14f1, Collaborate 1.2.16 and Visual Studio Code Editor package 1.2.1.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @modohash, thank you for the extra info. Could you also tell me which OS you're using? Does it happen every time you publish changes or every now and then?

5. theBdrive

theBdrive

@ryanc-unity This is also happening to me using Unity 2019.4.0f1, Collab 1.2.16 and VSCode. I've noticed it only happens with VSCode, right after you push to Collab all open scripts break and lose references to namespaces, I have to close VSCode and reopen to fix it. I've noticed this only happens with VSCode, it does not happen with regular Visual Studio.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @theBdrive, I'm sorry to hear you're running into this too. I've tried to reproduce this issue on my end with the same version of Unity, Collab, and using VSCode 1.46.1 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. Unfortunately, I'm not seeing the links to references breaking in my version of VSCode.

Could you tell me which OS you're running on?

7. theBdrive

theBdrive

@ryanc-unity I'm on Catalina 10.15.5 with VSCode 1.47.1.

8. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

I've upgraded my machine to 10.15.6 and VSCode to 1.47.2, but I'm still not able to reproduce the missing references. :(
    Could you include a video or gif of what you're seeing?