Search Unity

Published to AppStore = some devices suddenly not using Gyro??!!

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by tbarbe, Mar 29, 2011.

1. tbarbe

tbarbe

Hi

We just published an iOS game app to the appstore -- its using latest Unity and Prime31 gyro plug in.... its been acting totally fine but now that its up to the store -and we started testing downloads - were getting sparse reports that gyro enabled devices are suddenly NOT responding to gyro but instead using accelerometer...

I did not upload the app - so Im not sure even if there are any settings on iTunes Connect that might affect the way the app is perceived to the device.... has anyone had any troubles similar to this?

Can you advise? Were under the 8-ball for this one... any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Tj

2. tbarbe

tbarbe

I also just got a report that the installs were from the MOBILE app store -- and I just tested from iTunes on a mac itself...

could the appStore version cause apps to think they are different to the device? Mobile appStore vs iTunes on a mac?

3. Dreamora

Dreamora

As you can't upload versions for different incarnations of itunes that problem does not exist.

if such an error happens then its either the code that breaks it (for example errorous code that did its support check basing on OS instead of iOS level checks which would make ipad2 fail rather easily and alike) or the device really has no gyro (only iphone4, itouch4, ipad2 have it)

4. tbarbe

tbarbe

we have more info from the reports now:

it seems its Verizon with 4.2.6 ?? Do these phones somehow report gyro false?

the only thing I can think of is that i set CoreMotion.framework to 'weak' referencing to test on older devices and allow it to install to 3.1.3... but now our requirements are 4.2.1 and up only... so I can turn that back to required.

Is it possible that weak referencing and Verizon 4.2.6 == gyro enabled = false?

doh.... anyone else have a Verizon device they can test something for me? ( its paid )

5. drjest

drjest

I would file a radar at bugreport.apple.com as soon as you can and ask the same question in the dev forums.

6. dissidently

dissidently

Gyro functionality is a plugin?