Search Unity

Published Stand alone will not run on linux.

Discussion in 'Linux' started by jdial1981, Oct 19, 2016.

1. jdial1981

jdial1981

Hey everyone,
    I have a strange problem here. I am attempting to publish to a linux platform for the first time and have been unable to get the game to run.
    The "Game" is simple a hello world. Canvas with a panel and a button that does nothing.
    I have deployed to linux platform and put the deployment package on the target machine.
    After marking the program "Executable" and running I get the Screen resolution and graphic menu that is packaged into the project by unity. The problem comes after clicking start. I get a quick flash of what appears to be the linux terminal and then that is it. It appears that the program crashes at that point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jeremy

2. Tak

Tak

What version of Unity are you using?
    Does the target machine support OpenGL core profile 3.2?
    Can you post the log from a crashed player run? (~/.config/unity3d/Company/Project/Player.log or use -logfile whatever at the command line)

3. Gord10

Gord10

I have the exact problem on my Ubuntu 16.04 LTS on VMWare Fusion 6. I can run my old game, Clown House (released 1 year ago) without problem, but I get the error when I build game with Unity 5.5.0.

OpenGL version is 2.1 on the system, clearly I get the error because of that. Is there anything I can do besides installing Ubuntu on a different computer or buying the new version of VMWare Fusion?