Search Unity

Published My First Android Game!

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by TyroByte, May 7, 2020.

1. TyroByte

TyroByte

unnamed.png unnamed_1.png

Hey guys!

I just published my first game for Android!
    H.E.A.T Is an endless shooter I made in a week for a school project and I ported it to android by my friend's request. I released it some time back but I could only show it off by now.
    It's my first actual game that I've published so don't be too harsh please.
    Any feedback or criticism appreciated!

Link to game: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Tyrobyte.HEAT
    As for the Source-Code, contact me at deepss0452@gmail.com.

Special thanks to:
    David Stenfors - Low Poly FPS Pack.
    Synty Studios - Polygon Battle Royale Pack.

L2GX likes this.
  2. Spacelab_Games

Spacelab_Games

Hi, is there anyway to rotate the player? This would play much better as a twin stick shooter.

3. TyroByte

TyroByte

Hmm as of now none, but the same post on reddit had the same suggestions, so I'm hoping to add some sort of rotation to the player. How do you suggest i do the controls in case of a twin stick? I get the basic idea but that wouldn't leave room for the shoot button

4. TyroByte

TyroByte

Also please do check out the game on playstore and give a honest rating it'd help me out a lot

5. ZakBrindle

ZakBrindle

Hello I made a short review on google play but going into more detail here

I understand this is early days for your concept but its a good idea stick at it.
    Good artwork and good choice for music.

I would maybe add another joystick on the right for aiming or turning the player, and make touching anywhere on the screen to shoot rather than a button.

Spawn one maybe two at a time or turn the health down on the enemy.
    Spawn the enemy behind some of those lovely creates there so they dont appear on screen.

Maybe a cutscene with your character saying hes not going anywhere, he'll fight to the death! and then boom your in..
    All ideas but it depends where youre going with this game.

Please check out my first game
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/flappy-jump-google-play-launch-trailer-android.886807/

I have not stepped into 3D yet with unity and your artwork is inspiring.
    Keep up the good work!

6. Spacelab_Games

Spacelab_Games

Hi, i think a similar control scheme to Brawl Stars might work. So basically the right control stick can be used to rotate the player with an aiming mechanism and when you lift your thumb off the screen the player can fire the weapon. Play Brawl Stars and you will see what i mean.

7. ZakBrindle

ZakBrindle

Yes this sounds perfect for this set up. Please bring this in dev id love to flank those zombs

8. TyroByte

TyroByte

Yep I'm definitely checking that out later, will surely notify you guys when im pushing an update.

9. TyroByte

TyroByte

Thank you so much!

The flat color's was my personal choice as low poly asset's are better off flat shaded.
    However most art assets belong to Synty Studio's, check them out on the asset store! They're great and their assets are priced for what they're worth!

As for the spawn system, they currently spawn by a wave system that loops to the start when all waves have run out, so you mean to make it infinitely spawning with a reasonable delay so like 2 are spawned every 6 sec or so?

Also great game my dude check out my comment and keep up the good work on your side too :)

10. TyroByte

TyroByte

Yess this has to be the most Popular suggestion stay tuned for my update! I'll be sure to notify y'all.

ZakBrindle and Spacelab_Games like this.
  11. Spacelab_Games

Spacelab_Games

Cool, looking forward to the next update :]

12. TyroByte

TyroByte

13. Spacelab_Games

Spacelab_Games

hey man, just tried out the game. The twin sticks are definitely the way to go but the left stick feels a bit strange - i'm finding it hard to move around. It seems to move forward fine but when i try to back up or move in the opposite direction it seems a bit janky.

14. TyroByte

TyroByte

Hmm i guessed as
    Hmm I guessed as much, The left stick is for strafing so it moves forward in 8 directions And the right stick is for rotation. So if you're facing the other way around and try to move the L-stick you should naturally move forward.
    I messed around with the sensitivity and got it moving a bit better. How about this?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/op40ttuqiq11hqm/H.E.A.T.apk?dl=0