Search Unity

Question Publish WebGL not working

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by RichAllen2023, Jun 24, 2021.

1. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Above.

I reset the password to log into my Unity account, logged in and then back out, and it still won't let me log in! What the hell is wrong with this thing?!

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Can you elaborate, your subject title says WebGL not working, but your text refers to a password. Regarding WebGL, are you able to Build and Run? It launches a small webserver locally and loads up your project. There really isn't a need to publish, but can be satisfying.

3. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

WebGL still doesn't work even if I reset my password.

I officially give up.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Why do you need a password for WebGL? Do you mean the Unity Editor won't let you log in? That's not related to WebGL.

5. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

It's not but I logged in after changing my password, logged out, and then logged back in and WebGL still greyed out and won't let me publish!

6. Schneider21

Schneider21

If you haven't already, you need to install WebGL build support for the Unity version you're using. You do this in the Hub by going to Installs, clicking the 3 dot button, selecting Add Modules, and choosing WebGL Build Support from the list.

Then in the Build menu, you need to select WebGL from the list and click Switch Platform. That'll reimport all your assets into a format compatible with the newly selected platform. Once that's completed, you can then build.

As Jeff said, this has nothing to do with signing into your account. When you ask for help here, make sure you're not so fixated on what you think the issue is that you're missing the guidance being provided to you. Also, when I Google "unity webgl option grayed out" the top ten results all indicate the same solution I mentioned here. You can get so many of your problems solved by just properly describing them, Googling that, and reading the results. Just a little pro tip for you there that I use daily.

7. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

This may help too, you yourself have recommended Google search to others https://answers.unity.com/questions/1722568/share-webgl-game-is-not-found-in-package-manager.html Otherwise there is really no need to publish as I mentioned, you don't really learn anything, just personal satisfaction (which is valid). Just Build and Run to see it in action, then move onto your next training! Or publish it on your own website, if you are planning to release your game on WebGL. Also, you never replied to my previous question in a separate thread if you got Android game installed on your device! I would suggest that you pay a bit more respectful attention to the responses that people give you. If you don't understand the replies, please ask. Also, I just checked Package Manager using Unity 2020.3.11f1, and I see WebGL Publisher which says "This tool allows you to make a WebGL build of your current project and upload it to Unity's website, where it can be shared with others." I haven't tried it, but you might.