Search Unity

Publish Pc game for testing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by manfromspace, Jan 6, 2022.

1. manfromspace

manfromspace

Hey
    So i am in between creating this big 5v5 game in Unity everything is going fine my only doubt is where we can publish the game just for testing purpose , I mean where devs can test as it multiplayer lots of testing is needed.
    I know we can test in editor together or have a testing branch in git but i want where we can upload the build and then others only need to update the Game to test.
    All this is just for testing purpose
    So which Platform to choose?

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Private server.
    Rented drive space.
    Or for example google drive (has GBs free) You can constraint, who can see files.

3. mgear

mgear

if it works in webgl, then that would be easy to test in browser url..
    or building simple (external) downloader.exe to update your client files shouldn't be too complicated.
    or unity cloud build, it can be used to send download links to your users (into mobile devices too).

you can also look into better build tools, to make things more automatic
    https://github.com/superunitybuild/buildtool

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You can add the game to Steam, and provide beta keys to your testers, without actually releasing the game. Testers just update the game like any other Steam game. You upload new builds to Steam you want tested.

ShilohGames likes this.
  5. Murgilod

Murgilod

You can upload the game to itch.io with the visibility set to restricted so only authorized parties can access it.