Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Publish on the Asset Store

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by RomJu, May 6, 2019.

1. RomJu

RomJu

Hi everyone !

I'm not new to Unity but I decided to try to publish my projects on the Asset Store for the first time !

I made a fully functionnal and animated 3D figure and I finished it a week ago (I also documented the code) , so I want to post it with my publisher account that I set up.

I've read a guideline and imported the Asset Store Tools asset on my project but the thing is.... what do I do next ?
    I tried to understand but I really don't know how to use it on my scene. In addition, reading the guideline, I understood I had to document my project, I've read I had to do it between html tags, but I've also read that I need to put it on a text file ? So what do I do, and where do I put it ?

I'm sorry for all my questions but as you see I'm a little lost here, I'm sure it will be a simple task after several projects on the store, but for now, I'm on it for almost a week now (I do it when I have time after work).

Thank you !

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

3. RomJu

RomJu

Thank you for your asnwer,

I've read it a couple of times.

But it doesn't explain how to use the Unity Asset Tools that I have imported, neither how the project should be (As I said it's explaining that the documentation must be in html tags, but later it says it has to be on text file)

4. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

In 2.3.e it says to use html tags in the description in the asset store. This is your marketing pitch to potential buyers, not the documentation.

Section 3.2 describes the documentation requirements.

As for what to do to upload, you just create a new asset in your publisher account (website, not inside Unity). In Unity you just click upload, choose the files to upload, and what asset you are uploading for. Then wait for it to build the package and upload it. Once you are done, and all your pics, videos, description, price, etc for the asset, you submit it for review. Then wait between 1-5 weeks depending on their current backlog to get a response.

5. RomJu

RomJu

Thank you very much ! I know how to do it now !

I just have one more little question. Do you know by any chances tools to take the different pictures of the Asset (with different sizes) ?

Last edited: May 10, 2019
  6. RomJu

RomJu

I've finally submitted my asset. I'm now waiting for a good answer (I hope !).
    For those who, like me, are struggling with the guideline.

This video helps a lot to publish :

And for the images, look for the Instant Screenshot asset on the asset store which is pretty useful !

Thank you