Search Unity

Third Party Public IP doesn't work with Photon

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Pixelle0, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Pixelle0

Pixelle0

Hi,
    I'm a beginner with Photon.

I'm trying to build a self-hosted server. I've started developing using my local IP, which was working fine - but as I'm now trying to convert it to a public server so that my friend can connect to it, I'm encountering an issue: from the machine hosting, neither them or me can connect to the public IP.

I don't really know how this works, but I've just been trying typing the public IP in the "Photon Server" input space in Unity.

Can you help me? thanks!

2. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

Have you made the appropriate port forwarding changes to your router?

3. Pixelle0

Pixelle0

nope, any documentation to do that?
    and thanks!!!

4. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Try Googling your router model number with various combinations of port forwarding, virtual server settings and NAT.

Joe-Censored likes this.
  5. Pixelle0

Pixelle0

upload_2021-4-26_17-23-12.png

Ok now it's work, but i encounter an other probleme: i can join the server but my friend can't, the status is "peer created" and the error is :

Failed to connect to server after testing each known IP. Error(s):
    JoinOrCreateRoom failed. Client is not on Master Server or not yet ready to call operations. Wait for callback: OnJoinedLobby or OnConnectedToMaster.

sorry for that, and thanks you a lot for the help

6. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

If your friend isn't on the same physical network as the server and this is the error message on his PC, then I suspect you haven't correctly setup port forwarding on your router to direct incoming connections to the server.

Joe-Censored likes this.