Search Unity

PsdInvalidException: Unrecognized layer section type (PSD Importer, Error when importing PSB file)

Discussion in '2D' started by St3llarYT, Aug 19, 2021.

1. St3llarYT

St3llarYT

Hello, i am trying to import a psb file of an Astronaut character so that i can animate it using the skeletal animation part of the 2D animation Package, here is a screenshot of the photoshop window:

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

but everytime i try and import the psb file into unity (2020.3.16f1 Personal), 2D PSD Importer (4.1.0) fails and throws up these 2 errors:

PsdInvalidException: Unrecognized layer section type.
    PhotoshopFile.PsdFile.VerifyLayerSections () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.2d.psdimporter@4.1.0/Editor/PSDPlugin/PsdFile/PsdFile.cs:562)
    PaintDotNet.Data.PhotoshopFileType.PsdLoad.Load (System.IO.Stream input) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.2d.psdimporter@4.1.0/Editor/PSDPlugin/PhotoShopFileType/PsdLoad.cs:68)
    UnityEditor.U2D.PSD.PSDImporter.OnImportAsset (UnityEditor.AssetImporters.AssetImportContext ctx) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.2d.psdimporter@4.1.0/Editor/PSDImporter.cs:216)
    UnityEditor.AssetImporters.ScriptedImporter.GenerateAssetData (UnityEditor.AssetImporters.AssetImportContext ctx) (at <ef3b6bf002d8435a97b4e938f6c49b02>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

Asset import failed, "Assets/Materials/Astronaut_Sprite.psb" > PsdInvalidException: Unrecognized layer section type.
    PhotoshopFile.PsdFile.VerifyLayerSections () (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.2d.psdimporter@4.1.0/Editor/PSDPlugin/PsdFile/PsdFile.cs:562)
    PaintDotNet.Data.PhotoshopFileType.PsdLoad.Load (System.IO.Stream input) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.2d.psdimporter@4.1.0/Editor/PSDPlugin/PhotoShopFileType/PsdLoad.cs:68)
    UnityEditor.U2D.PSD.PSDImporter.OnImportAsset (UnityEditor.AssetImporters.AssetImportContext ctx) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.2d.psdimporter@4.1.0/Editor/PSDImporter.cs:216)
    UnityEditor.AssetImporters.ScriptedImporter.GenerateAssetData (UnityEditor.AssetImporters.AssetImportContext ctx) (at <ef3b6bf002d8435a97b4e938f6c49b02>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr, Boolean&)

I simply cannot find a solution. Here is the psb file if you wish to try and reproduce the problem: https://www.mediafire.com/file/aymhra08722hliu/Astronaut_Sprite.psb/file

2. Unrighteouss

Unrighteouss

Yep, your file doesn't work for me either. I don't know what the errors mean, but if you're not using any special layers or anything, this is most likely a bug. You should submit a bug report for it.

I opened the file with Clip Studio Paint and re-saved it. It works now, but as with all files saved using CSP, there aren't any layer ID's, so it throws warnings saying that "LayerId is not unique. Mapping will be done by Layers name." - which isn't actually anything to worry about.

Here's a working version of your file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R8U0UGB-jUS7QHKu51SrN6vgTxBex-X6/view?usp=sharing

You can use this in the mean time if you like, but as I said earlier, you will receive a harmless warning for each layer.

3. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Thanks for reporting. We will take a look at it

4. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

@St3llarYT Hi, what software did you used to create the art?