Search Unity

Official PSDImporter 2.0.5 is out

Discussion in '2D' started by rustum, Sep 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustum

rustum

Unity Technologies

This version improves support for layers and groups in imported files by providing the order of layers and groups.

Getting Started:

1. Install latest Unity 2019.3.
    2. Open Package Manager by going to Window > Package Manager
    2D PSD Importer 2.0.5.png
    3. Choose 2D PSD Importer 2.0.5 from the list and click on Install at the bottom right of the Package Manager window.

Here’s more details on this release:

What’s New

• PSDImporter now provides the order of layers and groups in the file.
      • This is used by the Sprite Visibility Window in Skinning Module
    What’s Experimental
    • Added an experimental feature “Keep Duplicate Name” to the importer.
      • This ensures that sprites are still named the same as the layers they are generated from even when they are generated from layers that have duplicated names.
    Keep Duplicate Names.png
    E.g.: A PSB file with 2 layers both named Arm will import those as 2 sprites both named Arm.​
    • Added a feature that retains Sprite names even if they are generated from a Layer that has a duplicate name.
    Fixed
    • Physics Shape is now saved properly when using AssetDatabase V2.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
    Mauri likes this.
  2. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

Hey, this is awesome! But have you got any idea why it's not adding all my layers? Three of them (side body, back body and side tail) have no white border, and I have to slice them manually to a sprite. I can send you the PSB file if you PM me, maybe there's some bug with the import?

Thanks! :)

3. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

I realized I had to make side/up/down as separate rigs, so when I only had one of the parts in the PSB-file, it worked. But it might still be a bug :)

4. nicmarxp

nicmarxp

It seems like it might help to reset the inspector of the import settings, and then start the sprite editor again.

5. Preshu

Preshu

Hi,
    Why the actual PSD format is not supported?

I work with affinity suite to design my sprites but it has no option to export to PSB, just PSD.

Greetings folks!

6. DCNTLSD

DCNTLSD

@rustum

Can you clarify as to why PSD isn't supported please? Is there a reason behind it?

7. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Unity traditionally triggers importers based on file extensions and the PSD extension is currently taken up by the TextureImporter.

There are some ground work that needs to be done so that it is possible to have other importers taking over an extensions. With AssetDatabse V2, it is possible to import PSD with the 2D PSDImporter but that requires some user scripting. I will be posting those scripts up soon. A more holistic workflow is currently being worked on right now.

Alternatively, you can rename your PSD extension to PSB and the importer should pick it up.

8. Preshu

Preshu

Yeah, after reading some stuff in adobe site, there's no a big difference between psd and psb format.

Thanks for the answer bro!.

9. rustum

rustum

Unity Technologies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.