Search Unity

Official PSDImporter 2.0.4 is out

Discussion in '2D' started by rustum, Sep 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustum

rustum

Unity Technologies

This version adds support for associating secondary textures with Sprites imported from Adobe Photoshop PSB (Photoshop Big) file format.

One outcome of this is that you can now add normal maps to your Sprites to define surface detail that can be picked up by the 2D Lights.

Here’s more details on this release:

What’s New
    • Added support Secondary Texture Module in Sprite Editor Window
    Fixed
    • Texture and SpriteLibraryAsset sub-assets in PSDImporter now follows the main asset's name.

2. Adien22

Adien22

Is it possible to make it for PSD files instead of PSB? PSD is far more common and some people aren't able to make PSB's.

If that didn't make sense, what I mean is that when I add PSB files I have added buttons like Character Rig for example, whereas when I add PSD files, I don't get all the added functions

3. Sam_Ooi

Sam_Ooi

Unity Technologies

Hi, there are currently technical limitations that make it necessary for the PSDImporter to only support PSB files for now, explained by the dev here.

There are plans to support the PSD extension in the future. For now, if using a third party editor with PSD but not PSB export functions (e.g. Gimp), then you can save the file as a PSD file, and rename its extension to.PSB manually before importing the file into Unity. Note that 'conversion' like this isn't perfect and may cause unexpected errors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.