Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

PSD folders as layer in PSD Importer?

Discussion in '2D Experimental Preview' started by Tarodev, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Tarodev

Tarodev

When I draw my assets I have them organized into folders. For example:

L_Upper_Arm
    - Outline
    - Highlights
    - Shadows

But importing this means I now have 3 pieces instead of one. I have to flatten each folder before saving, effectively meaning I still need two separate PSD files. Is there a good workaround or something for this?

2. Tarodev

Tarodev

In addition, when I go into the PSD to edit and save, in unity my prefabs which were made from the imported PSDs lose their renderer sprites like so:

When I try to manually drag the correct parts into the sprite slot I get this:

3. Sam_Ooi

Sam_Ooi

Unity Technologies

Hi, checking that in this example, are 'Outline', 'Highlights', 'Shadows' folders that are nested in the L_Upper_Arm folder or 3 separate layers within that folder?

When you imported your artwork, were they saved as .psb or .psd files? The Importer requires the Photoshop file to be saved as a .psb to be imported with the features for 2D Animation. If they were saved as .psd, could you try with a .psb version of the file and see if that fixes the missing Sprites issue?