Search Unity

PSB Importer buggy?

Discussion in '2D' started by CoCoNutti, Aug 18, 2019.

1. CoCoNutti

CoCoNutti

Is it just me or is this PSB importer terribly buggy?

I've had to redo my bones/weights 6 times now after trying to update the sprite (updating by copying over the top of the file in Finder).

I'm tearing my hair out here.
    The latest bug was after saving the new sprite, it doubled up on layer names then pushed some of the spliced parts over to the edge in the incorrect position, even though it's shown perfectly in place in the sprite editor window.

About to go back to 2d toolkit and other external plugins i think.

2. ed_s

ed_s

Unity Technologies

Sounds like it could be a bug; if you could submit a bug report with the buggy project, we can take a closer look and see what's going on.

(if you do submit a bug report, please let me know the issue # so I can find it faster)

3. CoCoNutti

CoCoNutti

There's nothing in my project at all except one PSB sprite. So if you import it, assign some bones and weights, then change the art colour, for example, then resave it into the project this is when it happens to me.

4. ed_s

ed_s

Unity Technologies

Could you share the PSB sprite? (there might be something with your layer setups that's causing the bugs)

5. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Hi, which version of PSDImporter, Animation package and Unity version are you using?

Can you send us 2 PSB files (before and after modification) so that we can see what might be happening?

6. CoCoNutti

CoCoNutti

Where can I send it? Would rather not share here thanks :)

7. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

You can PM me with the link

8. polygon_pete

polygon_pete

Dear Leo-Yaik & Ed_s, is this bug fixed? It's now 6 months later since you guys had this discussion and im using Unity 2019.3.0f6 and still having this same issue.
    I 'apply' my changes in the Sprite Editor and then go back in and its all been lost, weighting, geo edits, everything.
    Thanks in advance!
    Peter

9. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Could you explain in detail what is your workflow?
    The importer identifies the layers via an internal id provided by the file format. Whenever the file is reimported, the importer will link back the data to these layers.

If you are not using Photoshop to update/create your art, there is a possibility that the id is not provided thus the data did not get transfered.