Search Unity

PS4 Questions - Twitter/FB access and various other questions

Discussion in 'Documentation' started by neoRiley, Aug 7, 2015.

1. neoRiley

neoRiley

I've been searching all morning looking for some answers, but am unable to put any final answer to my questions about PS4 support.

Just wondering if any PS4 / Unity dev would be willing to answer a few questions, I'd really appreciate it.

1. Twitter/FB - I know that you can link your accounts in PS4 and post from there. My assumption is that there are hooks from the Unity side to create and post to either social network. Is this true and if so, can you shed some light on how this is done?
    2. Video playback from YouTube, Twitch and YouTube Games (gaming.youtube.com) - is video playback like it would be on Desktop or iOS/Android?
    3. I see that PayPal has been integrated for adding money to the Wallet in PS. How then does a Unity app use those funds? I assume through an in-app purchase api?
    Thanks for any help!

John

2. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Hi,

You have access to the Unity/PS4 forums on Sony DevNet, right? I think there is a better chance of getting an answer there.

-Rasmus

3. neoRiley

neoRiley

I guess that's what'll have to happen first? Become an approved developer/company before we can see the SDK/DOCs?

Or do you have a public link handy I can check out? I haven't been able to locate anything that's public

4. rasmus-unity

rasmus-unity

Yes, I believe you need to be approved by Sony to get access to these forums.

/Rasmus