Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

PS4 controller: wired vs. wireless

Discussion in 'Input System' started by LorandVarga, Aug 2, 2019.

1. LorandVarga

LorandVarga

I spend the past week upgrading my project to the new input system, adapting the UI, etc. and even with the few bugs here and there, I'm very satisfied with how it all work.

I recently purchased a wireless USB adapter for my PS4 Dualshock controller, and noticed that the new input system detects it as a joystick instead of a gamepad.

This is the PS4 controller connected to my PC using a USB cable, detected as a gamepad:
    1 - Copy.PNG

And this is the same controller connected using the USB wireless adapter, detected as a joystick:
    2.PNG

Is this a bug or is it working as designed?

2. Rene-Damm

Rene-Damm

Thank you for the report. That's not intended. Looks like something is throwing things off the intended path when the controller is attached via the adapter. We're looking into it.

3. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Hello,

I tried a PS4 controller connected via USB and bluetooth and in both cases it is reported correctly.
    Does it work when you connect it via bluetooth directly without the PS4-wireless-dongle?

4. ThatRaincoat

ThatRaincoat

I'm running into the same issue.

When wired and over Bluetooth the PS4 controller shows up as a Gamepad however when using the PS4 Wireless Dongle it shows up as a Joystick.

Any news since August on this?