Search Unity

PS4 Controller mapping suddenly mingled

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by sergio93, Dec 30, 2021.

1. sergio93

sergio93

Hello, I have always used this controller mapping when using my PS4 controller with no issues:

Today, I happened to try it again and to my surprise, the right joystick was not being read. After testing a bit, I found that the vertical axis of the right controller, went suddenly from being the 6th axis in the Input Manager, to the 7th axis. And also, even more troubling, the 3rd axis, which reads the horizontal right stick, now it ALSO reads the vertical of the left stick, making it absolutely useless.

Does anyone have an idea of how or why this could happen? And even a way to fix it?

2. sergio93

sergio93

It seems it is related to using the controller with USB or via bluetooth. It was plugged in via USB, but I had been using it previously with bluetooth. Turning bluetooth off seems to fix the mapping.

3. Kurt-Dekker

Kurt-Dekker

Interesting! Thanks for the followup. Such a change would certainly be annoying.

If I had to guess, it is probably some middleware "joystick tuner" software on your computer that only affects devices plugged in a particular way.