Search Unity

ps3 prices

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taumel, Apr 6, 2006.

1. taumel

taumel

2. Mr. Animator

Mr. Animator

damage control...

http://gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=8827

My educated guess for the US market is $500. It seems impossible for them to match the 360 at $400 if only due to the choice of blu-ray format, and any higher than $500 seems outrageous. The PSP was also fabled to be at least $300 before its final prices were announced, but sony ultimately chose to take a bigger loss on it in order to offer it at a more sane price.

3. taumel

taumel

>>>My educated guess for the US market is $500. It seems impossible for them to match the 360 at $400 if only due to the choice of blu-ray format, and any higher than $500 seems outrageous. The PSP was also fabled to be at least $300 before its final prices were announced, but sony ultimately chose to take a bigger loss on it in order to offer it at a more sane price.<<<

Just for playing and compared to the prices of the other nextgen consoles the price seems rather high but if you take into account that a) prices will drop time by time and b) what you can do with the ps3 (blue-ray, homecomputing) than it isn't expensive anymore. If they really make it true with the homecomputing the ps3 is a killer - at least for me. Look what a miniMac can do and what a ps3 can do...

Regards,

taumel