Search Unity

Feature Request proxy volume

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by laurentlavigne, Jun 24, 2020.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

What's the plan regarding lightprobe proxy volume or similar technique to bath dynamic objects in a light volume?

2. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

I really love to see light proxy volumes for URP. Because that is one of the features why I still favor the old build-in renderer.
    For low-end hardware we are supposed to bake much lighting as possible right but in order to use these techniques with a good visual outcome we also need more probes for bigger dynamic objects. So one blend probe is just not enough.

For trees or cars I need atleast 4 probes on each axis to get a nice gradient to make the object not looking out of place.

3. Bordeaux_Fox

Bordeaux_Fox

Why is it so hard to support Light Proxy Volumes for URP? Build-In and HDRP have it. Does it require really so much refactoring and research?

How we are supposed to light large dynamic objects? Together with no Enlighten support and no realtime point light shadows, URP limits artistic freedom for a PC game too much. I cannot use it. :(

4. r9shackleford

r9shackleford

5. wwWwwwW1

wwWwwwW1

Hi, I remember that they said the LPPV is "too slow", so there's no LPPV in LWRP. (renamed to URP later)

The replacement for LPPV is the coming Adaptive Probe Volume. (per pixel light probe)

I think it may appear after/in URP 16 (2023.2) because APV support should be part of the SRP coexistence plan.

r9shackleford likes this.