Search Unity

Bug PROXY settings still not working

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by amiga4K, Oct 6, 2021.

1. amiga4K

amiga4K

Hello,

I know this is a thread that has been mentioned several times but as of today there is still no option to set up a proxy for the HUB?

I've also upgraded to version 3 beta 5 but there's no way I can get it to work in a company that requires a proxy.

Among the many features is it possible that to date there is still no implementation of a setting for a proxy?

But how can developers working in an enterprise use Unity if it doesn't allow to set a proxy?
    This is a mystery to me!

Can someone who works in companies with proxies explain this to me?
    Thanks.

2. UnityJuju

UnityJuju

Unity Technologies

Thank you so much for bringing this up. I'll raise it with the Hub team!

3. Hyperpoper

Hyperpoper

You ask strange questions. First of all, it is difficult to do because proxy servers are illegal. If you use a VPN or proxy, it is illegal because there is no information about you at all, and in fact, you can download any files and track them down. If you can't configure the proxy server correctly, try installing The Pirate Bay proxy first -- https://avoidcensorship.org/. Usually, everything was fine with me, and as far as I know, these proxy servers are always on the white list. You should not have any problems with configuration and installation. So, good luck to you, man.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2022