Search Unity

PROXY ISSUES AGAIN

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by WavyRancheros, Nov 18, 2019.

1. WavyRancheros

WavyRancheros

Hey,

I've been using Unity 2019.1.7, and had no issues with my proxy settings whatsoever. I now upgraded to Unity 2019.2.12, and the Package Manager is bitching around. What's wrong here? Why did it work a couple of versions before?

And yes, my company proxy settings are correct. 2019.1.7 isn't giving me any problems.

First error: Unity is stuck at "Starting Server...", ending with "Could not establish a connection" blabla.

If I turn off the proxy, Package Manager starts, but isn't able to resolve the packages.

What do I need to add to my proxy settings here?

This is seriously annoying. I have no problems with any other software I'm using. Only Unity causes trouble here.

2. WavyRancheros

WavyRancheros

3. WavyRancheros

WavyRancheros

I now completely uninstalled and reinstalled both version 2019.1.7 and 2019.2.12, and it works perfectly fine with 2019.1.7, but it doesn't work at all with 2019.2.12.

So whatever you guys did between 2019.1.x and 2019.2.x, roll it back please.

4. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @WavyRancheros,

Thank you for reporting this regression. We believe we know the cause and have re-prioritized the fix as a high priority ticket.

Could you confirm whether your
    UNITY_NOPROXY
    environment variable is set to
    localhost,127.0.0.1
    ?

5. WavyRancheros

WavyRancheros

Thanks a lot!

Yes

6. samuelb_unity

samuelb_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi @NORMANDI,

We believe the regression was caused by changes elsewhere in the editor, we haven't changed anything in regards to proxies ourselves. But we are indeed working on a fix :)

7. AlexSon007

AlexSon007

If you use a proxy server without encryption, you might as well not use a proxy server. No encryption means you are sending your requests as plain text.
    Here's nice blog about all this settings By lena Hendricks