Search Unity

Providing a direct download link to free assets from the Asset Store (license question)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BTOGameDev, Aug 31, 2022.

1. BTOGameDev

BTOGameDev

Hey everyone,
    I'm planning on creating a course for Udemy and I'm using a few free assets out of the unity asset store
    And I was wondering if I can provide a full download link to the current project after each episode as it WILL include the FREE assets that I downloaded from the asset store (I want to make it easier for the students and provide them a current link for the project files)

Or do I have to tell them to download the assets & import by their own? and then I can't really provide anything

Would be cool to get some answer (waiting for unity official support answer as well in the meantime).

Thanks

2. Antypodish

Antypodish

Free doesn't mean you can distribute.
    Read asset store licence you signed. Also read individual licence of each asset.
    If in doubt, contact the lawyer.

angrypenguin and warthos3399 like this.
  3. warthos3399

warthos3399

Save yourself the headache, and just ask them to download them, as many tutorials do the same thing.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2022
  4. neginfinity

neginfinity

You're not allowed to redistribute, even if assets are free.

Unless the assets are distributed under a different license (like Mit, Zlib, BSD) that and not under "standard asset store license"