Search Unity

Question Protocol "gs" not supported or disabled

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by HEROTECH70, Jun 9, 2021.

1. HEROTECH70

HEROTECH70

Hello,

I've been trying to port one of our apps into the addressables system (we used a custom one before) and while everything works fine on the editor, when built on an android phone the app gets stuck on downloading and I get this error on the logcat:

2021/06/09 12:06:34.287 16061 18885 Error Unity Curl error 1: Protocol "gs" not supported or disabled in libcurl

We're hosting the built addressable assets on a google cloud bucket, the remote load path is : gs://my_bucket/Android

I've seen the other thread about this issue and the solutions there don't quite work for me. I'm only getting the error on the phone and not on the editor, leading me to think it might be something different.

2. TreyK-47

TreyK-47

Unity Technologies

I'll bounce this off of the team. Which version of Addressables are you using?

3. HEROTECH70

HEROTECH70

Thanks! but no need. It was indeed an issue with the load path address and it had to be changed to https://storage.googleapis.com/my_bucket

I just got confused since downloading from remote does not happen from the editor, only once built on a device

TreyK-47 likes this.