Search Unity

Proto Bat-Bot : Battle For Gotham City

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by dacloo, Sep 1, 2010.

1. dacloo

dacloo

Attached Files:

2. dbp

dbp

very nice work, it's fun too. the animations are pretty good and the level design is fine also.
    it might be a little bit too hard in my opinion, especially for kids, which are probably the target group, aren't they?
    though, the controls don't feel as good as the rest of the game, for example when you turn using your mouse it's kind of jittery and it turns too slow in my opinion. strafe speed could be faster too. you can't really shoot enemies right next to your feet, that makes it hard to fight when you are stuck in a corner with 2 or more enemies right in front of you.
    the camera could be a bit further away, so you can see what's behind you.

3. dacloo

dacloo

Thanks for the comments!

As for the turning speed we intentionally added some "drag" when turning fast because it should represent the sluggishness of a robot turning.

When encountering a lot of nearby enemies, I suggest the sword which is the best weapon for melee attacks.

We noticed a lot of players encountered issues when strafe speed was upped.

We will certainly take a look at the camera!

Yes, the game is for kids and I agree it is quite challenging. However, we didn't want this game to be something that can be played without retrying and practice. The "easy mode" has been tested by the kids successfully. What we learned is what matters most is previous experience with first / third person games, and not the age.

4. gamesurgeon

gamesurgeon

Awesome!

5. jin76

jin76

omg i love ur game. how did u make the camera shake? can u tell me please cause i m new to unity and i would like to make something of this quality.

6. satrio

satrio

This is a fun game!
    Looks really good and plays well!

Love the menues and the presentation of it.
    Did you use Ez-gui and sprite manager2?

Can You give us some information about the production?

Congratulations to a project well done!

/satrio

7. tomvds

tomvds

No, we do not use those products. We use system we implemented ourselves, which is more focused on having easy ways of creating rectangles and their automatic adjustment to resolution/aspect changes. We then use those rectangles with the conventional OnGUI scripting method to display the GUI in-game.

8. ConnorTheKing21

ConnorTheKing21

Is there a way to still play this game in 2021 and also is there a download to this game?