Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Protected content

Discussion in 'Unity Cloud Content Delivery' started by RichLogan, Sep 16, 2020.

1. RichLogan

RichLogan

Is there any existing or planned capability to gate content downloads behind some form of authentication (and matching logic in Addressables)? This is currently a blocker for me - thinking I need to move to protected S3 and custom IResourceProvider/IHostingService implementations instead?

2. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

It's certainly been discussed, but nothing will be ready there in the short term. What kind of authentication mechanism would you want to see there? Can you describe your use case a bit and how you plan to manage secrets / auth details?

3. RichLogan

RichLogan

Hi @dannyd, I'm actually working on an enterprise focused project that allows different customers to access their own content. Eventually I would be integrating with their CMS, but for speed in the concept stage I wanted to just leverage Unity's solution. Probably the main thing I would be looking for would just be that the stored assets aren't openly accessible on the internet like they currently are. An API key per bucket for downloads that I can build into my application or get the user to enter locally would tick the diligence box for me at this stage.

4. dannyd

dannyd

Unity Technologies

@RichLogan thanks for the followup! That is helpful. We have plans to add this sort of functionality, but I don't have an exact timeline to share there yet.

unityunity