Search Unity

Bug PropertyField is invisible when added from code or UXML

Discussion in 'UI Toolkit' started by bloodthirst69, Sep 12, 2019.

1. bloodthirst69

bloodthirst69

Hi , i am having an issue with the PropertyField in UIElements that i am trying to use in a EditorWindow, basically it just doesnt show on the editor , it takes place in the root visual element by doesnt render anything to the window , i tried to both add the PropertyField from inspector and from code , same issue , screenshot down below shows where it is supposed to be showing

Attached Files:

2. uMathieu

uMathieu

Unity Technologies

To display something, a property field first needs to be assigned a property path through the binding-path parameter. Then, either the property field or one of it's parent elements must be bound to an instance of a SerializedObject. When bound, the property field will then create proper VisualElements depending on the property value type.

3. DarkPrinceZen

DarkPrinceZen

Hello, I am having the same issue where I am trying to display a List<GameObject> via the PropertyField using UXML. I was wondering if there was any update to this issue or whether an example could be provided on how to correctly bind and serialize the properties.

4. CxydaIO

CxydaIO

Hey, as uMathieu already mentioned you need to set the BindingPath and you also need to Bind() the PropertyField to a SerializedObject.
    Some binding examples can be found here