Search Unity

1. We have added a sub-forum for DOTS Graphics. Please use the new space for related discussions.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Pro and Enterprise subscribers: find helpful & inspiring creative, tech, and business know-how in the new Unity Success Hub. Sign in to stay up to date.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Properly use NavMeshQuery

Discussion in 'Data Oriented Technology Stack' started by Ylly, Dec 8, 2018.

1. Ylly

Ylly

Hi there. I have a lot of units an army with formations and want them move on navmesh. I tried look into Nordeus demo , but got more questions. So what better way? Should i use NavMeshQuery per formation or per unit or some another division. Why NavMeshQuery used in Job and not parallel Job? How can i use it at all

Like this:

Code (CSharp):
    2. public void Execute(int index)
    3. {
    4.        var start = NavMeshQuery.MapLocation(UnitPositionComponentArray[index].Value, Vector3.one * 0.5f, 0);
    5.        var end = NavMeshQuery.MapLocation(MinionPathDataArray[index].TargetPosition, Vector3.one * 0.5f, 0);
    6.        var status = NavMeshQuery.BeginFindPath(start, end);
    8.        NavMeshQuery.UpdateFindPath(256, out int performed);
    10.        status = NavMeshQuery.EndFindPath(out int polySize);
    12.        var poligons = new NativeArray<PolygonId>(polySize, Allocator.Temp);
    13.        NavMeshQuery.GetPathResult(poligons);
    15. }
    Checking "status" and use "end" like a target point for units? And there is another way when you just use NavMeshAgent where set target and Unit walk themself to target. So i got this "end" point and should use some MovementSystem and move units with my own system to target? And if its way how units will avoid objects and e.t.c. ?

2. Ylly

Ylly

Any tips?

unityunity