Search Unity

Question properly setting up light probes

Discussion in 'Global Illumination' started by urumizawa, May 7, 2022.

1. urumizawa

urumizawa

Well, to get it out of the way, I am not even sure it is the light probes I should be using.

I am trying to achieve this sort of look, I've been messing around with light probes, post processing and pretty much every setting that affects lights for days, this is what I currently have, and it is safe to say that I am nowhere near the result I want.

The light in the picture is just a spotlight attached to the camera for testing purposes, the reflections are a mess, the wall where the light is being directed is less illuminated than adjacent walls, the black material is supposed to be shiny as well but it never appears as such, the glass looks more like plastic than actual glass, and for some reason there is some sort of ambient light getting baked in coming from the spotlight, I am certain it is is the spotlight because when I bake it without the spotlight the scene becomes pitch black as it should, but then there is no reflection from the spotlight. overall I am really lost. thanks in advance.

2. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

It seems to me the original image has a lot of lights on the ceiling, I don’t know how you are attempting to replicate that look with a spotlight on the camera.

3. urumizawa

urumizawa

It was just for testing purposes, I figured that it would be easier to visualize the visual anomalies with just a spotlight.

4. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

It feels like you have your materials set to metallic? Again it's hard to say with the way the lighting is set up.

5. urumizawa

urumizawa

metallic and smoothness to about 0.8 yes, but even without the metallic. it didn't look as I expected.

will setup lights and update.

6. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Metallic should be 0. Smoothness should be pretty high, yes.

7. urumizawa

urumizawa

do I keep the light probes without the metallic in that case? or can I achieve the look I am after without it?
    sorry didn't go back home yet to test things.

8. AcidArrow

AcidArrow

Is your scene procedural? Or is most of it static? Did you try lightmapping?