Search Unity

1. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Participate with students all over the world and build projects to teach people. Join now!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Proper way to rotate VR camera.

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by seanybaby2, Apr 11, 2018.

1. seanybaby2

seanybaby2

I'm having difficulty figuring out the proper way to rotate a VR camera.

Currently the position and the rotation of the headset is unreadable and sets based off of your hardwares tracking. The current well known work around for creating movement or rotation for the player is is to create a parent object and move or rotate that parent object instead of the camera. The problem with this is when rotating the parent the rotation is based off of the pivot of the parent object and not of the camera. This can create some terribly offset rotations for people using room scale tracking. What is the work around for this? I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ran into this problem.

2. darkesco

darkesco

There is no workaround. It's broken