Search Unity

Question Promotional video of my game

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by ebenknot, Dec 19, 2020.

1. ebenknot

ebenknot

Hello. I have a doubt. I want to make a promotional video of my game to advertise it in google ads. I want to use video clips that youtubers have uploaded to youtube playing my game. I can do it? Or will youtubers ask me something about image rights? Thanks in advance.

2. Mauri

Mauri

Ideally, you would (and should) ask the YouTubers for permission first. Otherwise, you could indeed face legal issues (copyright-related and Right of publicity).

ebenknot likes this.
  3. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Yep, Mauri is right. You'll have to ask these youtubers permission, to use their clips of your game in your promotional video. Moreso, if the youtuber is present in the vid, while at the same time playing your game.

ebenknot likes this.
  4. ebenknot

ebenknot

Yes, you can see their faces. I think to upload videos of 3 or 4 youtubers. Maybe if a tell them that i will put their youtubers names in the video they can take it like a good idea. Thank you for your response. I will aske them. Cheers

5. ebenknot

ebenknot

In other forum somebody told me this

"
    In theory, the one who gets all the benefits is you. The creator of the game is you and consequently you are the owner and you have all the rights over it. Youtube put a new protection to its system that makes the final beneficiary end up being the creator of the game. Hence a playmaker can claim the benefits due to the use of their software.

https://www.youtube.com/intl/es-419/about/copyright/#support-and-troubleshooting

I advise you to read what is called

"Copyright for Youtube"

Rights over your video game are TOTAL and no one can use without your permission videos, images or others about what is yours
    "
    What you guys think?

6. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

That is a very good idea. And yes, contact them first.

Youtubes copyrights are very two sided and wonky, and there are alot of inconsistencies and holes in their protection system.

Don't forget, do as Mauri and I suggested. Ask the youtubers permission first. This is the safer route for you and everyone else.

Oy! No probs.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
    ebenknot likes this.
  7. ebenknot

ebenknot

ok, thank you very much for your help :)

BrandyStarbrite likes this.