Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Promotion of Free android games and apps [IDEA]

Discussion in 'Android' started by smyte100, Oct 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smyte100

smyte100

Ok... This may sound quite silly.
    I noticed the large number of mobile developers we have here and I have seen that mobile gamers respond mostly to free apps and games. The issue is in the promotion of android games in the android market , this is what I was thinking.

Some of us can come together to form a group (May be we'll have a group on facebook or something) where we'll help each other by downloading, rating and commenting on each other's games and apps on the play store. Also we can help each other with likes on facebook and follows on twitter and by talking about each other's games on social network.

It may seem like a lame idea but I think we should take advantage of our number and use it for free promotion (I think the newbies will benefit more from this).

Deleted User and Khafra like this.
  2. quary

quary

I find your idea great! We should promote our application/games right here on this thread. I will post a link to my game posted on google play. I recently entered the harsh world of marketing. I find it hard to promote my game without paying large amounts of cash to all sorts of sites, so anyone who needs some 5 star reviews, post a link to google play here, and i will be happy to rate your game 5 stars. I'll also post the link to my game. Thank you very much. I hope this will be a helpfull thread for all of us. Best of luck! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sas.g

3. Ac6057

Ac6057

Hi, Soon Project file will be posted for you Check our android game on google play store plz, dawnload n share and if you like this game then give rate it.. Take a look at "Snake Run" - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Puppetflurry.SnakeRunn&hl=en Snake Run - Android Apps on Google Play play.google.com Snake Run - Android Apps on Google Play play.google.com

Snake Run - Android Apps on Google Play
    play.google.com

4. Petrol

Petrol

5. ExplodingEmber

ExplodingEmber

Hey guys, I checked out all of your apps they're great

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind checking mine out, I released it the other day and it's not getting much traction. My game goes by the name of "Submarine Base Defender" and is an Arcade shooter game in which the player has to survive against waves of aliens and defend the base, and when the base is destroyed the game is over. The game is far from it's end of development though as there are many new game modes and additions in the pipeline for future patches and/or expansions.

Here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.EmberGames.Sub_Base_Defender

Cheers
    Ember

Screenshot_2014-08-29-02-19-29.png
    Picture.png

6. Deleted User

Deleted User

7. Nitrat

Nitrat

Hey.
    Our studio is new in town), but here's our third game.

Nizam

Nizam is a puzzle game, where the magic happens. In a world of mighty wizards and sorcerers a young hero must claim her right for a title of the greatest magician. Using a combinations of 3 or more jewels in a row, she will strike her opponents with a different spells. From turn to turn our sorceress will match gems to deal more damage.

There are three additional spells, which will help to defeat evil wizards. Fireball strikes after you light three jewels of particular color. As same as Healing will recover sorceress' health, and Time Reducer will take a part of your opponent's time away.

Download Nizam at Google Play!

We've already added a campaign.
    Soon there will be RPG-elements for more addiction.

8. mahenkumar

mahenkumar

Hi Friends,
    I like your idea.Actually I was also thinking about making a thread where we can promote our game than I searched for it and found your thread.I promise to download ,comment and share all the game posted in this thread with all of my friends.Here is the link of first game "Mini Heli".
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mahen.MiniHeli

9. Petrol

Petrol

Thanks for the review, I'll try your game and post a review tonight

Edit :

I tested your game. I really like the graphics, The UI is clean and simple.
    I found a bug I think :

When In-Game :

1. Pause the game
    2. Return to main menu using the android back button
    3. re enter in play mode(whatever difficulty you choose)
    4. <------ The Game is frozen. To Unlock it, push twice on the Pause button

Hope it helps

Last edited: Oct 9, 2014
    MD_Reptile likes this.
  10. mahenkumar

mahenkumar

@Patrol :- You are genius man!!!.
    I checked this game many times before but couldn't find that bug.I will definitely fix that bug in update version and Thank you very much for your help.

11. Petrol

Petrol

I'm glad I helped, it's one of the points of this thread after all

12. CroWolfGames

CroWolfGames

Hey everyone!
    I like your games, they are all fun to play and are all good made. I have even played "Don't let them die" before I saw it here and it is amazing. I rated all your games.
    Well anyway I also made a game. It's my first one and it is called "Fast Ball". You have a paddle and a ball and you have to keep it as long as you can in 3 walls, and the ball gets faster every second. I would like if you could try and play it and rate it as you want.
    Here is the link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.CroWolfGanes.FastBall

13. Petrol

Petrol

Thanks! How did you find it ? I can't even find him myself in the play store without searching its exact name.

I rated your game. It's simple and i like it. It's going to fit perfectly when you want to do a really quick game.
    The Android return button doesn't work.

14. bugoheyer

bugoheyer

15. CroWolfGames

CroWolfGames

Exactly I'm not sure how but I was bored while in class and I just saw it on google play so I downloaded it and it was fun so me and my friend played it together and competed who will longer last haha

Haha yea I know it doesn't. I still don't know how to make that work so I put back buttons in game :D

I like your game. It is fun to play ^^
    But I really wonder how did you get sooo much downloads in just 6 days?

16. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

Will jump on the bandwagon... check out HARDKOUR

link in sig. Let me know the name you use and ill return the favour (no need for 5 * rating just because. prefer honest ratings)

17. carter-carl30

carter-carl30

18. elmar1028

elmar1028

Promoting apps is a good idea!

And therefore I created a blog where I am going to review your Apps for FREE at no cost!

Have a look here: https://appgoodies.wordpress.com/

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    Deleted User likes this.
  19. mahenkumar

mahenkumar

Hi friends,
    We have started a free promotion service for all indie game developers for android platform.If you want a quick boot in your downloads just send your game link to:- khelpromo@gmail.com.
    We will do our best for your game.
    KhelPromo Ad.jpg

nadirjahan807 and Deleted User like this.
  20. PGJ

PGJ

A good idea! I'd love some review for my game; Bug Sweeper. Honest reviews prefered! I'll give the other games in the thread a whirl and a review during the evening...

21. darken33

darken33

Hello everyone! I introduce my first game: Squaroid. It's a minimalist time killer.
    Here's link: Squaroid

22. Khafra

Khafra

Hi Everyone,

I think this is a great idea,

I've just released a game on the Google App Store (iOS will hopefully follow soon)

Here is the link: GridBrix

please let me know what you think, it's a quick puzzler.

I'm always looking for feedback on if people thing I've done things right / wrong ( most of the time wrong :) )

smyte100 likes this.
  23. smyte100

smyte100

Sure thing. I'll check out your app and get back to you.

24. Deleted User

Deleted User

This a great idea. @mahenkumar I noticed your ad says you have free game testing. Can you tell me a bit more about that? It's something I'm going to be very interested in in the coming weeks.

25. vamsi1234

vamsi1234

hi guys! I

have just published my Indie puzzle game called hexscape on Android (will be out on ios soon)! Its a puzzle
    game that requires you to put your thinking hats on!!!

There is a free version with 20 levels and if you liked it, you can check the full paid version with 100 levels!!!

Here's the link ==> HexScape

Do install, play and rate/review it and promote it!!!
    Here's the trailer ==> link

Last edited: Feb 13, 2015
  26. mahenkumar

mahenkumar

@supremegrandruler Thanks :), Our whole team first download the game on various devices.Than we play and try to find any type of problem may it related to UI , gameplay or anything else.Than we prepare feedback and send it to developer, and believe me they like it very much.You can try us if you want. :)
    Now a good news for all the members of this thread.We also started our social groups for free promotion.You can post your games in the groups and get free promotion not only from us but also from other members.

Facebook https://www.facebook.com/groups/1578724329006722/
    Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/112207920337760597943

27. smyte100

smyte100

I have played Hexscape and I left you a 5 star rating. Honestly, the game is simple but captivating. It's amazing to see what developers can do with such simple mechanics.

28. smyte100

smyte100

Before I forget ... If anyone is in need of collaboration for making small games, I'm your dude. I can handle any aspect of game development including art and coding. Feel free to contact me anytime.

29. smyte100

smyte100

Dude. .... Are you kidding ? You nailed the formula of addiction. I have dropped a 5 star rating for 'GridBrix'. It was an honest rating. Somethings may still need to be worked on. I can give you a couple of ideas on how to go about certain things but it will be better in a private conversation. I don't want to fill this thread with such.

And I forgot to mention.. the gameplay is smooth. I have found my new time-killer :). I'll show your game to people around and make sure they play it.

I wish you all the best.

30. smyte100

smyte100

I left you a 5 star rating for Squaroid. You almost gave me the flappy bird effect but then, I got used to what the game was about. Great concept. I hope to see more games from you in the future.

31. Khafra

Khafra

Thank you for your comments,

Please feel free to PM me let me know what you think I can do to make it better I'm always open to new ideas and suggestions. Also I uploaded a new version with global highscores now.

32. nikayout

nikayout

if anyone are interested in with promotion check my signature

33. Iammakep

Iammakep

34. greaneagle

greaneagle

Awesome idea!
    I will go throug all the apps in the evening and rate them.
    I wont post a game myself in here for a while since I am stil working on my third game and this time I want to do it right :)
    You guys will get it before it hits the stores that´s for sure :)
    also mahenkumar I am defently joining your group!

and elmar1028 I checked your website so I might contact you for a review before the game goes live if you want :) Release date May 1
    I know it dosn´t mean a lot to get to be the first to review an indie game but seems like a sweet deal for me :)

Stay awesome!

35. elmar1028

elmar1028

I am expecting your email :) Thank you.

36. Inf1nite

Inf1nite

smyte100 likes this.
  37. smyte100

smyte100

I'll go check it out immediately.

38. Khafra

Khafra

Hi, I thought I would let you all know. I have updated my GridBrix game with a new version with lots of extra features (but same gameplay). here is the link to the new version: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ebs.gridbrixhd

If you like it let me now, all feedback welcome.

39. narger

narger

9x9

Hi guys, i'm a 18yo italian developer and I've just released my game (after a long time) : 9x9!
    Check it ! Thanks

9 rows,9 columns,endless records to beat.

This game is easy : you've got a 9x9 grid: every time you make a move you gain one point. More points, more chance to lose !
    Available game modes : Unlimited, Timed , Challenges.
    Initially a tutorial will guide you through the game, but to be a champion the tutorial isn't enough !
    You also can change the boxes colors.
    Discover your profile: you'll have a mark according to your playing style.
    Available world rankings and Google Play Games achievements !

(if there are some errors in the description let me know please, i'm italian :p )

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.narger.novepeernove&hl=it

smyte100 likes this.
  40. smyte100

smyte100

Thank you all for your activeness on this thread. I will check out your games, rate them and try to spread the word loacally. It is always a pleasure to talk about what my fellow developers are doing.
    It will also be great for some of us to come together and collaborate on a game sometime (just a thought of mine).

41. yunusmr

yunusmr

42. papa3223

papa3223

43. smyte100

smyte100

44. smyte100

smyte100

45. yunusmr

yunusmr

46. KamiKaze425

KamiKaze425

All of our games are in my signature. I'll try to go through a bunch of the games you guys posted during my break, haha.

47. abhishekPhukan

abhishekPhukan

48. SheerazAhmad

SheerazAhmad

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
    smyte100 likes this.
  49. smyte100

smyte100

I think I will start a blog so I can post all these games there for other people to get to discover them. What do you all think. It will be an honor sharing the works of other developers.

vakabaka likes this.
  50. CyberTurboPlays

CyberTurboPlays

i love the sound of what you offer,mate, i will sent you my current title once its in the store and give it a try, thx for offering free stuff, mate.

man i wish i hav found out about this thread earlier

smyte100 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.