Search Unity

Prometheus metrics

Discussion in 'Unity Accelerator' started by ropemonkey, Nov 22, 2019.

1. ropemonkey

ropemonkey

I haven't had any luck connecting to the accelerator as a prometheus data source (i don't have teams advanced). Are there more detailed instructions available for setting that up? Using v0.1.450+g1859fd6 of the accelerator and Grafana to connect.

2. bradunity

bradunity

Sorry to hear that you've not been able to visualize the Accelerator metrics. I'd be happy to help out, but would need to understand more about what isn't working for you. It sounds like you may be expecting to have Grafana connect directly to the Accelerator. If so, that could be why things aren't working as expected since Grafana is only a frontend for data sources and still requires the data source itself to be running. In the Accelerator's case, you'll need to install and configure Prometheus to scrape your Accelerator's IP address and HTTP port (it'll be listed in the unity-accelerator.cfg file, the default port of 80 will be used if it can listen on it).

3. ropemonkey

ropemonkey

Yup, that was it. Thanks! Are there any existing example dashboards or is the idea to just create from scratch?

4. bradunity

bradunity

We've been considering building up an example dash at some point, but we don't have anything today. I don't know of any other public ones that folks have set up, but would love to hear about them (and to know what other metrics folks would like to see added).

5. ropemonkey

ropemonkey

A dashboard sample of even some of the existing metrics would go a long way to making it easier to use and may generate more interest in adding new metrics.