Search Unity

Prolog - Logic Programming

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by matiasjaure, Oct 23, 2016.

?

Would you be interested in a Logic Programming - Prolog asset?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    81.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. What's that?

3 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. matiasjaure

matiasjaure

Hi Developers! I'm considering on creating an asset to use logic programming inside Unity, this could be useful for AI, autonomous agents and could have many other appliances. I don't really know if someone would be interested on that, so I don't know if make the necessary considerations to share it later. Please if it is something you would be interested answer the poll, and please continue the discussion to ask question, suggest, anything.
    Thanks!

2. StevenPicard

StevenPicard

I would be interested in understanding how Prolog would provide better AI solutions than the current options available in the Asset Store. I'm sure understanding that could help others, as well.

3. TonyLi

TonyLi

Would this be an implementation of the Prolog language for use in Unity? If so, you might get a lot of interest from academics looking to prototype AI ideas in Unity.

4. matiasjaure

matiasjaure

I don't know if it's a better solution, it's a different perspective... you can define things differently and it's kind of fun actually if you like logic programming.

5. matiasjaure

matiasjaure

Yes, that's the idea... There is a library that gives support for C# names P#(http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/stg/research/Psharp/) and others, so I don't have to start from scratch.

6. TonyLi

TonyLi

Neat! I don't think it would get traction with the general Unity community (who are usually looking for plug-and-play solutions), but I can imagine it might foster a smaller, grateful community of AI academics and hobbyists.

7. matiasjaure

matiasjaure

Yes, I think you are correct... I think I'll start it and make it open source in case someone wants to collaborate.

TonyLi likes this.
  8. kinodax

kinodax