Search Unity

Projects don't detect Unity Plus license (just Personal)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Kubold, May 18, 2019.

1. Kubold

Kubold

Since today, after a Windows 10 update, the Editor (2019.1.1f3, 2019.1.3f1) works only using Personal license, despite the fact that I have a Unity Plus license.

Unity Hub 2.0 detects Unity Plus license, it's just the editor does not. If I click "manage licenses" in the Editor, it opens Unity Hub, which says I have a Unity Plus license, so I can't do anything about it.

I tried re-installing hub and editor, did not help. I tried revoking all the license seats and assigning them again, did not help either.

I have a pre-paid Unity Plus license from Oculus Start program, which should last for another 9 months. The problem started after Windows updated.

Bug Case 1155621.

2. FWCorey

FWCorey

I'm getting the same issue with Unity 2019.3.0b1
    I have an active subscription to Plus. Works fine on one computer, but on my second computer, Hub detects the license but the Editor does not.

Found the solution in another post:

1. Quit Unity Editor if running
    2. Quit Unity Hub if running
    3. Delete the folder "C:\ProgramData\Unity" (It only has one file in it)
    4. Start Unity Hub, it will ask you to activate your license again.
    After that you should be able to open your project in the Editor with Plus/Pro enabled normally again!

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
  3. evgeny44mikhalev

evgeny44mikhalev

Is there a solution for mac?

4. unboxals_creative

unboxals_creative

I found the license file in this folder on my Mac: /Library/Application Support/Unity

Deleting it and then adding my license serial number again fixed it.

Marcos-Elias likes this.
  5. falkenbrew

falkenbrew

Can't find a solution for Unity on OSX. In the folder specified by unboxals_creative there is an Editor folder with some config related to IAP I am using, but nothing about a licence.

6. yesgamesstudio

yesgamesstudio

Thank you. It worked for me

7. vl4dimir

vl4dimir

I had the same problem, so I went through Unity Hub. Click on your profile icon in the top right, then Manage License, then go to Return License. This will remove the license on your machine and remove the seat assigned to it. Then I just went through the Manual Acivation procedure and reinstalled the license. Everything worked after that.

8. pojoih

pojoih

I can't do this because the license was manually activated and it says I can't deactivate manually activated licenses. Unity Hubs for months complains about "cannot reach license server" on both of my machines so I had no other choice. This is really annoying in front of a client project deadline :(

9. studiomercenary

studiomercenary

You don't need to delete your license file in ProgramData. Just go to Hub > Settings Gear icon > License management > Activate New License. Use the license key from your Dashboard settings or email.