Search Unity

Projects and Showcase questions

Discussion in 'Unity Connect' started by s0manyth1ngs, Dec 18, 2017.

1. s0manyth1ngs

s0manyth1ngs

Hello,

I have a few questions about the showcase and project sections for the Profile and Company pages.

1) Company - I noticed when adding a 7th project the "next" button doesn't work and it only shows 6 thumbnails. Is there a project cap to only show 6?

2) Company/Profile - When posting a showcase to my profile I have the option to edit it and post it to my company page, but once its on the company page I can't seem to edit it and move it back to the profile page, I have to re-post it in the showcase section. Is this intentional? Is there a way to make one post go to both?

3) Profile - I like how the projects section for Company pages have a neat set of thumbnails to show all the projects but the the showcase section for profiles is just a feed. Is it possible to set up a gallery of thumbnails to individual posts for the showcase section?

Thanks!

2. markp-unity

markp-unity

That must be a bug. We'll check it out!

You can add yourself as a contributor to the project which will add it to your user profile.

That's how we use to have it. We're testing this one out for a bit. Would you prefer a the company's project section on your personal profile instead of the feed?

3. s0manyth1ngs

s0manyth1ngs

That must be a bug. We'll check it out!

Thanks!

You can add yourself as a contributor to the project which will add it to your user profile.

Thanks!

That's how we use to have it. We're testing this one out for a bit. Would you prefer a the company's project section on your personal profile instead of the feed?

Yes, that would be great!

4. s0manyth1ngs

s0manyth1ngs

While I'm here I had a few more questions about connect functionality:

1) Profile - Is it possible to edit a project without it showing on the showcase feed?

2) Profile - The feed in the "All" and "Showcase" sections are fun, but is there any way to filter what is shown there? i.e. if i accidentally follow or un-follow someone an extra few times or edit a project a bunch it fills up the feed with that activity, which sometimes feels a bit busy when viewing my feed or someone else's profile. I did notice the "Make Private" option in the Showcase feed, but still seeing it still makes it feel busy for browsing my own activity and it'd be nice to see what others see.

3) Messages - I noticed in the messages section for projects I have two message boards for each project. I'm assuming this has happened because I posted each project to my company and profile separately. Since I recently added my profile as a contributor to all of my company projects should I delete the posts made in the showcase section of my profile to remove the doubled up project message boards?

4) Company - Are there any other ways to re-arrange the order of projects besides pin to top? Pin to top works fine but once project numbers start growing it begins to take up time re-pining each project to get the desired order.

Lastly, I understand web applications like this can be quite complex and subtle changes can have a huge effect on functionality. So, I hope my questions help, but I understand only so much is possible for how things are set up.

Thank you so much for putting together Unity Connect, it seems like a really powerful tool that has a ton of promise for connecting Unity enthusiasts for both hobbyist and professionals.