Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Projection mapping interactive Book Help

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by kesara_unity, Dec 25, 2018.

1. kesara_unity

kesara_unity

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I am going to put this in here anyways:

Hi guys, for my final year project of university, I am creating an interactive book through projection mapping. Basically a book with a projector and Kinect sensor mounted overhead, projecting a 2d interactive story with interactive elements being triggered by touching the book. Here are a couple of examples of interactive books, which I am hoping to achieve the same look of:

Here is where the problem lies and here is how I view this project. The first part is creating the story and animation, which will then be triggered by the Kinect sensor , by touching different projected elements on the page. Connecting the Kinect sensor to Unity does not seem difficult from what I have seen, however having the projections being projected on the correct page, and recognizing the page flip is the part in which I am confused about. I know a printed recognizable qr code or symbol is needed on the page, with a camera or scanner which would scan it, send the page number information to unity, for it to project the correct page. This is where I am completely lost. I don’t know what software or piece of code is needed for this to be possible and I was wondering if anyone had information or could point me in the right direction to achieve this. I am out of my depths for most of this but understand unity enough to create this project on an ipad if the projection mapping/projection fails. Thank you for anyone who can shed some light on the matter.

2. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

I know this is an old post, but holy cakes wow!:)