Search Unity

Projectile trajectory

Discussion in '2D' started by Ceffa93, Dec 2, 2013.

1. Ceffa93

Ceffa93

Hi everyone,

I always loved the 2d shooter games, especially the ones with a lot of bullets.

Look at this photo: http://kakeracomplex.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/danmaku1.jpg

In these games every projectile has a complex movement scheme, not only speed and rotation, but also changes of movement, predefined path to follow, and more and more

I was guessing if it is possible to implement in a simple way those behaviour, because i think that writing the path for every bullet is a nightmare...

2. MaRTiDoRe

MaRTiDoRe

3. SouthpawFishel

SouthpawFishel

If you're into bullet hell games, it's worth checking out BulletML, a markup language for defining bullet spawning patterns for shmups. It appears that someone has already gone out and written it in C# as well, so it shouldn't be too hard to integrate into your game.

It may be a bit hard to learn how to describe a bullet pattern in BulletML at first, but the good thing is that there are already examples out there that you can learn from and tweak rather than trying to write everything from scratch.

4. Ceffa93

Ceffa93

Thanks man, exactly what i wanted to hear^^