Search Unity

Feedback ProjectCapabilityManager.AddSignInWithApple should NOT add the framework

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by andymads, Oct 12, 2020.

1. andymads

andymads

After much frustration I finally found out how AuthenticationServices.framework is getting added to the Xcode project.

Calling ProjectCapabilityManager.AddSignInWithApple adds it automatically. Now, I can see why this might seem like a good thing, as the framework is needed.

However,

(1) There is already an API to add frameworks explicitly.
    (2) Silently adding the framework is just bad etiquette in my book (the docs don't even mention it).
    (3) It gets added as Required but on iOS 11 and below it needs to be Optional otherwise the app crashes on launch.

What it means is that I have to call the API to remove it and then add it again as Optional.

Please, just let developers add the frameworks required themselves.

2. lupidan

lupidan

The whole point of the project capability manager is to add specific capabilities to the App. Part of supporting sign in with Apple is adding the framework. So it should most definately add the framework.

However, it should add it as optional framework, I agree with you there

In any case the functionality of that class is broken ever since they divided the app in two different targets with Unity 2019.4...

https://forum.unity.com/threads/pro...napppurchase-not-working.940893/#post-6387195