Search Unity

Project wont open (wont even regenerate Library folder)

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Buretto, Jul 24, 2019.

1. Buretto

Buretto

I need help trying to figure out why my project might not be opening. I just clean installed Windows 10 onto a new drive and copied my project over from my old one. Next I downloaded the latest Unity Hub 2.0.4, and tried to open my project but it won't open.

IIRC from past experiences with similar issues, sometimes it glitches out and you will see a background process, but not in this case. It just instantly closes or something. And in the past deleting the Library and Temp folders would resolve the issue, but not this time. It wont even attempt regenerating the Library folder.

I copied the project folder root directory to my new drive, so all of the old folders contained within are there. Is there something I might be missing in order for it to work?

2. TonyLi

TonyLi

Review [User]\AppData\Local\Unity\Editor\Editor.log.

3. Buretto

Buretto

That is weird I could not find it.
    Good news though I managed to get it working again. I had to re-install it twice, I'm not sure but maybe because my windows was not up to date it caused something to go wrong the first time.

4. TonyLi

TonyLi

I'm glad it's working now. Maybe your Unity installation had enough of a problem that it wouldn't even get to the point of writing to Editor.log.