Search Unity

Project will not load - LOT OF ERRORS

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by kentg1, Nov 1, 2018.

1. kentg1

kentg1

Tried to show my class but lots of errors - JUST A FEW OF THEM HERE

Assets/CinemachinePostProcessingV2/CinemachinePostProcessing.cs(13,29): error CS0234: The type or namespace name `PostProcessing' does not exist in the namespace `UnityEngine.Rendering'. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Assets/Plugins/PlayableGraphVisualizer/Editor/PlayableGraphVisualizerWindow.cs(48,37): error CS1061: Type `UnityEngine.Playables.PlayableGraph' does not contain a definition for `GetEditorName' and no extension method `GetEditorName' of type `UnityEngine.Playables.PlayableGraph' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Attached Files:

2. kentg1

kentg1

This is NOT something we can solve - it should be a simple download and play. And if you LOOKED at the message above you will see i have included just two of the numerous errors that occur when opening the project

3. xVergilx

xVergilx

It is something you can solve. Simply remove postprocessing folder from Cinemachine, hence you don't have postprocessing stack installed.

About second one - not sure, never used that plugin. Probably missing something as well.

4. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

Jeesh guys, harsh much?

You using the latest unity stable 2018?

5. This is what you get usually, when you get in here and you're shouting from the top of your lung that you've got "LOT OF ERRORS" instead of searching for what would be the problem first.

6. MD_Reptile

MD_Reptile

I'll admit the OP could go about it a little more clearly and less frantically, but I don't think we need to go after them for being upset they are having issues, I've been in his shoes before and the last thing you need is kicked while your down :p

7. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

These are very basic UNITY errors that anyone with any sort of programming background would know that this means and clue in to the clear message that something is missing.

Second, errors for using the wrong UNITY version, seriously, these people cannot be bothered to even RTFM or a little bit about what they are doing.

As for a teacher who can't be bothered to Google something which would have clearly show the problem, let alone they did not likely read any documentation about UNITY or the asset they are trying to use.

I am just shocked, if your like a geography teacher fine, but if your some sort of computer science teacher and your teaching Unity and have no clue what your doing...WOW.

8. kentg1

kentg1

Yes Unity 2018. And I could have filled the entire page
    Will try it again later, Thanks for the info but there are about 15 error message.

9. But 2018.what?

If < 2018.3 beta 6 then you know what to do... RTFM and update your Unity version.

BTW you have attached a screenshot of your browser. I would delete it, it's not helpful and it just shows off that you don't like to read (number of unread items all over the place). :D