Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Project using plugin with boost library keeps crashing on other computers.

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by zerophase, Feb 16, 2016.

1. zerophase

zerophase

I'm using a C++ plugin for retrieving data over bluetooth. The plugin uses the boost serial port library. When trying to open the project on other Windows computers without boost installed, the editor crashes every time. The computer the project opens on is running Windows 10. Do I need to install boost on those other computers, or can I just preprocess the dll?

Here's the Editor.log file: http://pastebin.com/Bje85wbz

Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  2. zerophase

zerophase

Noticed it's happening on my system (non-virtualized) if I clone the repo to another directory. I can copy the original repo to another directory without any issues.

3. zerophase

zerophase

Figured out that I just need to delete the Library directory. That folder wasn't causing issues prior to adding C++ code to the project. Does anyone know which folder or file in the Library directory I need to put in gitignore?

4. Giometric

Giometric

The entire Library folder should be in your .gitignore; it may or may not work to have it in there, but that's supposed to be a per-machine-generated thing, and it's also constantly being changed by Unity as you import files, change settings, etc. As long as all the *.meta files within your Assets folder are left intact, Unity can always safely rebuild it when you clone to a new computer or folder.

5. zerophase

zerophase

I thought that hadn't been neccesary, since one of the Unity updates.