Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Tiny - Wasm - free aspect ratio to fill browser width and height

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by newguy123, Apr 8, 2020.

1. newguy123

newguy123

Hi Guys

With the samples when building to Wasm, it appears to be locked to a certain resolution or screen aspect ratio. Is this a limitation of Tiny?
    or.......
    1) is there a way to fill the browser window
    2) and be responsive when the user rotates their device landscape or portrait?

2. JonasMumm

JonasMumm

Hello :)
    Generally you can set up the resolution used for rendering in your BuildConfiguration-Assets, but I'm certain rendering itself is currently restricted to a 16:9 aspect ratio.

As to stretching the game to fill the entire window or reacting to device orientation, I don't think there is anything available in Project Tiny right now to achieve that. But you could probably embed the html generated from the wasm build inside an iframe into a custom html wrapper template, in which you could resize/stretch/fullscreen the iframe to your liking using javascript.

3. newguy123

newguy123

You've lost me, could you explain in a different way ot perhaps add more detail please?

4. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

So to change the rendering resolusion in tiny there is a component in the build configuration
    for instance if you check Assets/BuildConfigurations/CommonTiny3D.buildconfiguration in Tiny3D sample
    you will see Tiny Rendering Settings
    change the screen resolution there and to get auto-size, enable Auto Resize Frame
    but as @JonasMumm said we are rendering in 16:9 aspect ratio
    upload_2020-4-9_12-58-22.png

5. newguy123

newguy123

Yeah I saw those. I thought maybe if I delete the numbers it would auto fit the entire screen.

Are there plans to remove the 16:9 limitation and enable a real auto resize to fit the browser window?

6. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Yes, we are working on that and mostly will be in Tiny version 0.26

newguy123 likes this.
  7. Thaina

Thaina

8. EduardDraude

EduardDraude

Any news to this topic? I guess it did not get in to 0.26