Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We've updated our Terms of Service. Please read our blog post from Unity CTO and Co-Founder Joachim Ante here
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Tiny Roadmap

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by MBest_Unity, Dec 19, 2018.

1. MBest_Unity

MBest_Unity

Unity Technologies

We have been working on our roadmap and it's now ready to post for feedback. The goal of this doc is to reflect back to the community what we currently see as the path forward. We are now at the point were we would like to test it against your needs so we hope you'll take the time to share your thoughts with us.

You can check out the roadmap here.

Also, to help us parse the info, we'd ask that after reviewing it, you fill out this survey.

Thanks for your interest in Project Tiny and we hope you have a Happy Holidays!
    Martin

APSchmidt likes this.
  2. abeisgreat

abeisgreat

This is fantastic! Thanks for sharing. Glad to see any / all weakpoints in Tiny being prioritized on the roadmap.

3. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

That's a road map! You guys have work ahead; once finished Project Tiny will look awesome! :D

4. LauraLaureus

LauraLaureus

Thanks for add the Spine integration to the roadmap, it's important to keep clients atlas requirements and give a high quality product.

5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape Moderator

The roadmap is a presentation, not a roadmap. So the presentation or detail should be secondary to having a clear roadmap all on one page.

I found it confusing and quickly became lost in the links and then clicked back and forth, forgetting all the information.

To be clear - you have made a *presentation* not a roadmap that's useful at a glance. The presentation is very nice, the information is there but it is also an exercise in frustration to use.

Please consider having an at-a-glance roadmap in addition to this presentation.

Antypodish likes this.
  6. zhuchun

zhuchun

Hi, thanks for sharing this, features are clear. It would be awesome if you can provide the ETA of some key features, say C# support, soft debugging and UI things like multi-line text/ progress bar.

Cheers

7. FUBAR2077

FUBAR2077

Please add AR to the roadmap! It would be huuuge to see the instantly loaded AR Content on mobile! :)

Brad-Newman likes this.
  8. TheRoccoB

TheRoccoB

Definitely like the idea of using SVG sprites, so excited to see that on the roadmap. If done right, SVG's can be really small and scale beautifully.

9. ChiuanWei

ChiuanWei

i wanna know when is the c# coming date ?

walledcityinfotech likes this.
  10. jorisshh

jorisshh

Last I heard was "early in 2019". So who knows - maybe in Q1. I doubt they have an exact date just yet :)

11. walledcityinfotech

walledcityinfotech

Yeah bro..
    type script is making me hallucinate stuff.......!!! :confused::confused:

12. ChiuanWei

ChiuanWei

i need the confim date.
    i cant wait for this...:(

13. APSchmidt

APSchmidt

"Early" can go up to the end of March next year...

14. MBest_Unity

MBest_Unity

Unity Technologies

To give you some more insight into c#, it is our next major piece to land. We are now going into the holiday season and when we return, this will be the main focus. We certainly would like this out as soon as possible but it's by nature unpredictable work. The best info I can provide is we are pushing to have the work done in Q1, the earlier the better however, we must hit the right quality level before we ship it.

15. ChiuanWei

ChiuanWei

happy holiday time.
    a lot developer waiting for it. love your guys works. :oops:

16. BabouDev

BabouDev

Hey, firstly, happy holidays! and really appreciate you keeping us in the loop and the frequent updates. I know this is pushing it but is there anyyy chance we could get a hint as to when other platforms will be supprted? (i.e, android, ios, windows?) Thanks!

17. vb2s360

vb2s360

Hi @MBest_Unity
    Thanks for this document, very much appreciated.
    Do you have any idea about when you expect to work on Tiny 3D games ?

Brad-Newman likes this.
  18. kisuke_snow

kisuke_snow

Will project Tiny have support for Facebook Messenger SDK?

19. Brad-Newman

Brad-Newman

20. MBest_Unity

MBest_Unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, 3D/AR are certainly on our roadmap, but expect the next while to be focused on making sure we have the 2D feature set that folks need and that the core is a solid foundation. Tiny will be a way to deliver AR in more instant use cases. We need WebXR to ship in browsers for it to be something we can support.

FROS7 and andrewmil like this.