Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Tiny 'Launch'

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by alvifarooq, Apr 9, 2020.

1. alvifarooq

alvifarooq

So it's clear to me that Tiny is the way forward - at least for the type of games I want to do next. Do we know if Tiny will be launched as a stable release any time soon? I'm looking at a combined 3D/2D setup that I can start off with for production games. The Unity roadmap sessions didn't really give any clear indications but I'm looking at a general timeframe i.e. next month, next quarter, next year etc.

Thanks!

2. brunocoimbra

brunocoimbra

There is no release date yet, and I would guess that it won't happen this year considering its current state.

3. alvifarooq

alvifarooq

Thanks! Do we know at least what's the feature roadmap for this year or when the 2D and 3D forks will be brought together?

4. JC-Cimetiere

JC-Cimetiere

Unity Technologies

Hi,
    We still don't have a firm date for when our "V1" enabling hypercasual style scenarios (see Unite Copenhagen 2019 Project Tiny roadmap session recording for details). We want to ensure first that the feature set is complete enough to enable projects to go in production, so the cut line isn't completely defined yet. We'll share an update as soon as possible so early adopter can look at our plans and provide more feedback.

As for 2D & 3D features aligning on the sames build versions, it's the plan to have everything synced up at some point, but for now we've chosen to iterate 2D specific feature & the core runtime at slightly different pace, so overall we can move faster.

JC

5. condo3000

condo3000

Since it is an unknown wait, can you recommend any processes we can adopt, such as ECS etc. to be building "instant" or tinier games with what is currently available to developers in unity?

reinfeldx likes this.