Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Tiny is...not so tiny?

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by pushxtonotdie, Sep 13, 2020.

1. pushxtonotdie

pushxtonotdie

Hello, I'm attempting to learn the project tiny code, and I went ahead and built the Tiny3D sample via the normal 'build and run' and also the 'win-dotnet' build config as mentioned in the google doc. The normal build was 70MB and Project Tiny was 77MB. Is this expected or am I doing something wrong? Is it possible i need to do a release build?

Using Unity 2020.1.3f1 on Windows.

Edit: ok, i see that the contents is mainly .pdbs. I cannot figure out how to get these to not build. Does that mean I'm always building in debug mode? Also the il2cpp build does not rotate.

Thanks
    C

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  2. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

You need to do a release build
    And yes we include PDBs in all build configs so if you don't need them you have to remove them from the final build.
    Also, il2cpp builds will give you even smaller size
    I wonder why Tin3D not rotating for you in il2cpp but do you see any errors or log messages that can help debugging this?

3. pushxtonotdie

pushxtonotdie

Well, it looks like all my builds were broken and I had a 'missing behaviour' warning. I noticed that the Rotate script somehow broke. I right-clicked and re-imported and bam, worked. Perhaps it didn't have a RotateAuthoring monobehaviour equivalent?

Ok, I think this is all looking much better, switching over to dots and the Tiny stuff is a lot to take in! But I'm getting there! thanks for your help.

jokakiller3 and AbdulAlgharbi like this.
  4. jokakiller3

jokakiller3

Hello. Im interested in making android games with project tiny? Have you made any? Do you know if you can make an android build?