Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Tiny = ECS based games

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by MindBuild, Apr 26, 2019.

1. MindBuild

MindBuild

Hello all,

I know this might be a silly question, however, I need to answer this before I begin redesigning a complex system that utilises webGL to create experiences anywhere and everywhere.

I started doing serious optimisation to the loading time and while I managed to reduce it by 50%, I was testing on WiFi and totally forgot about testing on data, which is really slow.

Thus, I have decided to design a lite version of the system based on the ECS architecture.

If it is based on the ECS architecture will I be able to port my project to Project Tiny?

Project Tiny is not ready for serious commercial projects, however it is the future of web based experiences and I want to make sure that if we are going to redesign the system that it will work with Project Tiny.

Thank you for your help.

2. Zionisias

Zionisias

It is not possible to directly port your project to a Unity Tiny project. You would need to do this manually. You would first need to check if all your current functionality is even possible in Unity Tiny, as it is still very much in development. Furthermore this would mean that you need to rewrite every system, and recreate every component.

If you would still like to start using Unity Tiny, I recommend you to wait a bit longer, as currently all coding is done in TypeScript, but will soon be converted to C#.

raymondyunity likes this.