Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Project Tiny C# Preview (0.15.3) available

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by JC-Cimetiere, Jun 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

In this release of tiny, the JobComponentSystem API is supported, but its implementation is not multithreaded. When you schedule a job, we immediately execute it. This is how we will run in single-threaded environments, like the web is (today. multithreading might come to the web in an "on by default" way).

We are working on making it so that when you use tiny to target a multi-thread capable environment, it uses multithread implementation of the job system.

Burst will work in both scenarios.

davenirline likes this.
  2. robertg_unity

robertg_unity

Unity Technologies

Known issue, will be resolved soon. What this error means is that it is unable to deserialize a type because the project is missing an assembly reference to resolve it. This can happen if you have an unused archetype (without any entities using it). Unfortunately, a bug on our side.

underkitten likes this.
  3. Rocco_B

Rocco_B

I have debug logs showing up when I build for browser using Console.WriteLine but is there anyway to get those to show up when making a dotNet build?

Additionally what does the Entities.WithAll<T> or With<T> methods do? I noticed that when I did the following
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Entities
    2.     .WithAll<Foo>()
    3.     .ForEach((Entity e, ref Foo f, ref Bar b) => {
    4.         // Code here
    5.     });
    I would get an error when building for web that said

[libil2cpp] The exception message is: EntityQuery contains a filter with duplicate component type index {0}.  Queries can only contain a single component of a given type in a filter.

Once I removed the WithAll part it worked again. Is WithAll just another way of filter through entities? What is the use case for this?

4. victorzh

victorzh

If we want to build Play Ad, the Web(wasm) and Web(AsmJs) which one choice?

5. JJJohan

JJJohan

Found an interesting crash that happens under il2cpp only (i.e. web & windows il2cpp), not in the windows dotnet build when initialising a NativeArray with a few IBufferElement types.

The code snippet that triggers it (smallest possible case):

Code (CSharp):
    1. protected override void OnCreate()
    2. {
    3.     NativeArray indices = new NativeArray<Shape2DIndex>(new[]
    4.     {
    5.         new Shape2DIndex{index = 0}
    6.     }, Allocator.Persistent);
    7. }
    Stack trace:
    [libil2cpp] A managed exception was thrown. The Tiny runtime does not support managed exceptions.
    [libil2cpp] No message was provided to the managed exception.
    [libil2cpp] Native stack trace:
    at il2cpp::os::StackTrace::NativeStackTrace
    at il2cpp::os::CrashHelpers::Crash
    at tiny::vm::Exception::Raise
    at il2cpp_codegen_raise_exception
    at GCHandle_AddrOfPinnedObject_m9E17FC86F8AF8059B028501BF5777EF14B8B1755
    at NativeArray_1_Copy_mFC4D92F13BCD3D6AD6EA2A92A143A7ED4037F697
    at NativeArray_1_Copy_m3FA3A2306C91AEDA7FAEB86E17374AA2522EBD06
    at NativeArray_1__ctor_m51F720BE73603F0401F612597C69128E1FE29CE9
    at CubeSpawnSystem_OnCreate_m6C8A8DB54A1BDAFF6AFFE31E9F5E8648739646A6

I'll see if I can't create a bug report.

6. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

This is an unfortunate design decision that we're fixing in the ForEach api. It's complaining that you are telling it both throuwhg WithAll<Foo> and through the delegate paramteter "ref Foo f", that you want to iterate over entities that have Foo. It's complaining that you're telling it twice (just omit the WithAll for now). Instead of complaining, we should trust that if you tell us twice, it probably means that you really want it, and just do what you asked :)

Console.WriteLine() shows up in windows dotnet & il2cpp builds, and in webgl builds. We still have to figure out where to make them go on mac dotnet/il2cpp.

7. davenirline

davenirline

Open DOTS C# Project is suddenly not working when I added a git submodule and add a local package from it. There are no errors produced. Rider is just not opening anymore.

8. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

thanks, looks like legit bug. you can work around it by first making the nativearray and then populate it directly

9. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

try running "bee ProjectFiles" from the Library/DotsRuntimeBuild/ folder to see if you get some meaningful errors like that

10. Rocco_B

Rocco_B

That explains why I have no logs on macOS. :p Are breakpoints currently possible on macOS? Additionally, I have been trying to find a replacement for the following line from old Tiny

ut.EntityGroup.destroyAll(pWorld, "game.Loading");

where game.Loading was the name of the EntityGroup I wanted to destroy after transitioning from the loading screen to the main menu screen. I have been trying to find a way to get the Scene to use Unity.Tiny.Scenes.SceneService.UnloadSceneInstance to remove it.

Edit: I found a way but I'm not sure if it's completely correct. Code snippet below. For reference, my scenes are cached as SceneReference in a game config file in the same order that the GameStateTypes enum is defined. So I am unloading the Loading Scene and loading the Main Menu scene.
    Code (CSharp):
    2. TinyEnvironment env = pWorld.TinyEnvironment();
    3. SceneReference loadingScene = env.GetConfigBufferData<GameStates>()
    4.     .Reinterpret<SceneReference>()
    5.     .ToNativeArray(Allocator.Temp)[(int)GameStateTypes.Loading];
    6. SceneService.UnloadAllSceneInstances(loadingScene);
    7. GameStateLoadingService.SetGameState(pWorld, GameStateTypes.MainMenu);

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    facundo_unity961 likes this.
  11. robertg_unity

robertg_unity

Unity Technologies

We are moving away from having to specify strings in API as much as possible, so yes in this case you provide a scene instead of the name of the scene.

MaDDoX likes this.
  12. facundo_unity961

facundo_unity961

Are we currently able to manage the order of execution of the systems?
    Ps: Should we be making new threads for these kind of questions or is here ok for now?

13. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

You can control system order with [UpdateBefore] and [UpdateAfter]. It's fine to use this thread, it's not like it's spinning out of control :)

14. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

Btw, if anyone has been brave enough to endure our rough edges, and manage to create a first test, we'd love to see some random tiny created web experiments fly by. Feel free to post here!

NotaNaN and TwoorbJan like this.
  15. Rocco_B

Rocco_B

Are we able to specify what a camera can and can not render? It seems that the cullingMode flags are not set up with layers. Also there can't be cross scene references saved into something like a UICanvas from what I can tell requiring each canvas to have it's own camera or for it to be set dynamically in code. Is it possible to have two cameras, one for rendering UI and one for other game elements?

16. robertg_unity

robertg_unity

Unity Technologies

Cross scene references are not possible (and we are leaning toward preventing it altogether), however it should be fairly trivial to find entities after a scene loaded using tag components (components without any data). But this is still in flux, so don't take my word for it.

17. Rocco_B

Rocco_B

A solution to my previous post. I put the entities together in the same "Scene" or "Entity Group". The camera and UICanvas now reside within the Game Scene and each scene has its own camera for its own UI Canvas since that scene is unloaded before the next one anyway.

As a follow up. I have been trying to use the SortingGroup component. The way it worked in 0.14 is that it would automatically sort sprites that were children of the entity with the SortingGroup component. However, there seems to be something wonky with the current SortingGroup. It is not consistently layer sorting the children element.

18. Maras

Maras

I am having a quite good performance on the SpawnAndDestroy demo in mobile FF, but other mobile browsers do not work. (Chrome / Opera)

19. Rand_D

Rand_D

Just want to ask quickly before i dive into project tiny:
    If i want to build an interactive tiny game as a type of banner ads, think HTML5 animated banner ad that is playable, would this be a good fit?
    How will Unity handle the license for this?

20. Dudledok

Dudledok

Those are Rider versions not Unity versions, Unity version 2019.2.0b4 of course.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  21. JJJohan

JJJohan

I've not had much luck getting the Shape2DRenderer component working. I am setting up my vertices/indices like I am in the TypeScript version but am getting rendering artifacts (basically flickering vertices filling the whole screen) and a repeating error.

Using a bare-bone test project with an entity and a 'ShapeTag'. I replace the ShapeTag with a Shape2DRenderer with a system like so:

Code (CSharp):
    1. public class ShapeSystem : ComponentSystem
    2. {
    3.     protected override void OnUpdate()
    4.     {
    5.         NativeList<Entity> replaceList = new NativeList<Entity>(Allocator.Temp);
    7.         Entities.WithAll<ShapeTag>().ForEach((Entity entity) =>
    8.         {
    9.             replaceList.Add(entity);
    10.         });
    12.         for (int i = 0; i < replaceList.Length; ++i)
    13.         {
    14.             Entity entity = replaceList[i];
    15.             EntityManager.RemoveComponent<ShapeTag>(entity);
    17.             DynamicBuffer<Shape2DVertex> vertexBuffer = EntityManager.AddBuffer<Shape2DVertex>(entity);
    18.             vertexBuffer.Add(new Shape2DVertex { position = new float2(0f, 0f) });
    19.             vertexBuffer.Add(new Shape2DVertex { position = new float2(1f, 0f) });
    20.             vertexBuffer.Add(new Shape2DVertex { position = new float2(0f, 1f) });
    21.             vertexBuffer.Add(new Shape2DVertex { position = new float2(1f, 1f) });
    23.             DynamicBuffer<Shape2DIndex> indexBuffer = EntityManager.AddBuffer<Shape2DIndex>(entity);
    24.             indexBuffer.Add(new Shape2DIndex { index = 0 });
    25.             indexBuffer.Add(new Shape2DIndex { index = 2 });
    26.             indexBuffer.Add(new Shape2DIndex { index = 1 });
    27.             indexBuffer.Add(new Shape2DIndex { index = 2 });
    28.             indexBuffer.Add(new Shape2DIndex { index = 3 });
    29.             indexBuffer.Add(new Shape2DIndex { index = 1 });
    31.             Shape2DRenderer shapeRenderer = new Shape2DRenderer();
    32.             shapeRenderer.color = new Color(1f, 0f, 0f);
    34.             EntityManager.AddComponentData(entity, shapeRenderer);
    35.         }
    37.         replaceList.Dispose();
    38.     }
    39. }

The entity does not exist
    at Unity.Entities.EntityComponentStore.AssertEntityHasComponent(Entity entity, ComponentType componentType) in C:\CubeRunnerSharp\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.33\Unity.Entities\EntityComponentStore.cs:line 486
    at Unity.Entities.EntityComponentStore.AssertEntityHasComponent(Entity entity, Int32 componentType) in C:\CubeRunnerSharp\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.33\Unity.Entities\EntityComponentStore.cs:line 494
    at Unity.Entities.EntityManager.GetBufferRawRO(Entity entity, Int32 typeIndex) in C:\CubeRunnerSharp\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.33\Unity.Entities\EntityManagerAccessComponentData.cs:line 497
    at Unity.Entities.EntityManagerDelegates.CallGetBufferElementDataPtrRawRO(Void* emHandle, Entity e, Int32 cid) in C:\CubeRunnerSharp\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus\CPlusPlus.cs:line 51
    at Unity.Tiny.Rendering.RendererGLNativeSystem.RenderSpriteBatchNative(IntPtr emr, Int32 n, DisplayListEntry* batch)
    at Unity.Tiny.Rendering.RendererGLNativeSystem.RenderSpriteBatch(Int32 n, DisplayListEntry* batch) in C:\CubeRunnerSharp\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Tiny.RendererGLNative\RendererGLNative.cs:line 121
    at Unity.Tiny.Rendering.RendererComponentSystem.OnUpdate() in C:\CubeRunnerSharp\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Tiny.Renderer\RendererModule.cs:line 190
    at Unity.Entities.ComponentSystem.InternalUpdate() in C:\CubeRunnerSharp\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.33\Unity.Entities\ComponentSystem.cs:line 818
    at Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemBase.Update() in C:\CubeRunnerSharp\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.33\Unity.Entities\ComponentSystem.cs:line 287
    at Unity.Entities.ComponentSystemGroup.OnUpdate() in C:\CubeRunnerSharp\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.33\Unity.Entities\ComponentSystemGroup.cs:line 451

Is Shape2D currently in a working state? The API basically matches the TypeScript version, nothing else was mentioned in the API docs that I am aware of.

22. ToRe5

ToRe5

Hi! Everytime I'm trying to web build (both options) a sample project i'm getting this error in log file. Is it a bug or i'm doing something wrong? DotNet and IL2CPP builds are working fine. I'm using Unity 2019.3.0a5.

Code (CSharp):
    1. [ 24/481  0s] CopyTool build/DragAndDrop/DragAndDrop-asmjs-debug/Data/06d0a78b7523e833ed43a2db99db271e
    2. [ 25/481  0s] CopyTool build/DragAndDrop/DragAndDrop-asmjs-debug/Data/2894a8ffac694149896efc42374f7df1
    3. [ 26/481  0s] CopyTool build/DragAndDrop/DragAndDrop-asmjs-debug/Data/46b433b264c69cbd39f04ad2e5d12be8
    4. [!FAILED!  27/481  0s] C_WebGL_asmjs artifacts/libil2cpp/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/codegen/il2cpp-codegen.o
    5. ##### CommandLine
    6. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-threadsafe-statics -std=c++11 -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DNET_4_0 -DGC_NOT_DLL -DRUNTIME_IL2CPP -DLIBIL2CPP_IS_IN_EXECUTABLE=1 -DDEBUG -DIL2CPP_DEBUG -DIL2CPP_TINY -D_DEBUG -I"." -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpp" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/xxHash" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/bdwgc/include" -o "artifacts/libil2cpp/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/codegen/il2cpp-codegen.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc++ "D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/DotsRuntimeBuild/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/codegen/il2cpp-codegen.cpp"
    7. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    8. EM_CACHE=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.38.28
    9. EM_CONFIG=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.38.28.py
    10. ##### ExitCode
    11. 1
    12. ##### Output
    13. Traceback (most recent call last):
    15.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py", line 28, in <module>
    17.     from __future__ import print_function
    19. ImportError: cannot import name print_function
    20. [!FAILED!  28/481  0s] C_WebGL_asmjs artifacts/lib_unity_lowlevel/asmjs-debug/abs-77953697/allocators.o
    21. ##### CommandLine
    22. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-threadsafe-statics -std=c++11 -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DUNITY_WEBGL=1 -DBUILD_UNITY_LOWLEVEL=1 -DDEBUG=1 -DBINDGEM_DOTS=1 -D_DEBUG -I"." -I"D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/DotsPlayer/bee~/cppsupport/include" -o "artifacts/lib_unity_lowlevel/asmjs-debug/abs-77953697/allocators.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc++ "D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/DotsPlayer/LowLevelSupport~/Unity.LowLevel/cpp~/allocators.cpp"
    23. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    24. EM_CACHE=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.38.28
    25. EM_CONFIG=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.38.28.py
    26. ##### ExitCode
    27. 1
    28. ##### Output
    29. Traceback (most recent call last):
    31.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py", line 28, in <module>
    33.     from __future__ import print_function
    35. ImportError: cannot import name print_function
    36. [!FAILED!  29/481  0s] C_WebGL_asmjs artifacts/lib_unity_zerojobs/asmjs-debug/abs-AFEE114E/ZeroJobsNativeSupport.o
    37. ##### CommandLine
    38. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-threadsafe-statics -std=c++11 -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DUNITY_WEBGL=1 -DBUILD_ZEROJOBS=1 -DDEBUG=1 -DBINDGEM_DOTS=1 -D_DEBUG -I"." -I"D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/DotsPlayer/bee~/cppsupport/include" -o "artifacts/lib_unity_zerojobs/asmjs-debug/abs-AFEE114E/ZeroJobsNativeSupport.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc++ "D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/DotsPlayer/ZeroJobs/cpp~/ZeroJobsNativeSupport.cpp"
    39. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    40. EM_CACHE=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.38.28
    41. EM_CONFIG=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.38.28.py
    42. ##### ExitCode
    43. 1
    44. ##### Output
    45. Traceback (most recent call last):
    47.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py", line 28, in <module>
    49.     from __future__ import print_function
    51. ImportError: cannot import name print_function
    52. [!FAILED!  30/481  0s] C_WebGL_asmjs artifacts/lib_unity_lowlevel/asmjs-debug/abs-F9C22E15/dummy.o
    53. ##### CommandLine
    54. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-threadsafe-statics -std=c++11 -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DUNITY_WEBGL=1 -DBUILD_UNITY_LOWLEVEL=1 -DDEBUG=1 -DBINDGEM_DOTS=1 -D_DEBUG -I"." -I"D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/DotsPlayer/bee~/cppsupport/include" -o "artifacts/lib_unity_lowlevel/asmjs-debug/abs-F9C22E15/dummy.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc++ "D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/DotsPlayer/bee~/cppsupport/dummy.cpp"
    55. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    56. EM_CACHE=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.38.28
    57. EM_CONFIG=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.38.28.py
    58. ##### ExitCode
    59. 1
    60. ##### Output
    61. Traceback (most recent call last):
    63.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py", line 28, in <module>
    65.     from __future__ import print_function
    67. ImportError: cannot import name print_function
    68. [!FAILED!  31/481  0s] C_WebGL_asmjs artifacts/lib_unity_zerojobs/asmjs-debug/abs-F9C22E15/dummy.o
    69. ##### CommandLine
    70. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-threadsafe-statics -std=c++11 -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DUNITY_WEBGL=1 -DBUILD_ZEROJOBS=1 -DDEBUG=1 -DBINDGEM_DOTS=1 -D_DEBUG -I"." -I"D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/DotsPlayer/bee~/cppsupport/include" -o "artifacts/lib_unity_zerojobs/asmjs-debug/abs-F9C22E15/dummy.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc++ "D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/DotsPlayer/bee~/cppsupport/dummy.cpp"
    71. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    72. EM_CACHE=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.38.28
    73. EM_CONFIG=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.38.28.py
    74. ##### ExitCode
    75. 1
    76. ##### Output
    77. Traceback (most recent call last):
    79.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py", line 28, in <module>
    81.     from __future__ import print_function
    83. ImportError: cannot import name print_function
    84. [!FAILED!  32/481  0s] C_WebGL_asmjs artifacts/libil2cpp/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System.Diagnostics/Debugger.o
    85. ##### CommandLine
    86. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-threadsafe-statics -std=c++11 -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DNET_4_0 -DGC_NOT_DLL -DRUNTIME_IL2CPP -DLIBIL2CPP_IS_IN_EXECUTABLE=1 -DDEBUG -DIL2CPP_DEBUG -DIL2CPP_TINY -D_DEBUG -I"." -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpp" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/xxHash" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/bdwgc/include" -o "artifacts/libil2cpp/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System.Diagnostics/Debugger.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc++ "D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/DotsRuntimeBuild/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System.Diagnostics/Debugger.cpp"
    87. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    88. EM_CACHE=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.38.28
    89. EM_CONFIG=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.38.28.py
    90. ##### ExitCode
    91. 1
    92. ##### Output
    93. Traceback (most recent call last):
    95.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py", line 28, in <module>
    97.     from __future__ import print_function
    99. ImportError: cannot import name print_function
    100. [!FAILED!  33/481  0s] C_WebGL_asmjs artifacts/boehm-gc/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/bdwgc/extra/gc.o
    101. ##### CommandLine
    102. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fvisibility=hidden -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DALL_INTERIOR_POINTERS=1 -DGC_GCJ_SUPPORT=1 -DJAVA_FINALIZATION=1 -DNO_EXECUTE_PERMISSION=1 -DGC_NO_THREADS_DISCOVERY=1 -DIGNORE_DYNAMIC_LOADING=1 -DGC_DONT_REGISTER_MAIN_STATIC_DATA=1 -DNO_DEBUGGING=1 -DGC_VERSION_MAJOR=7 -DGC_VERSION_MINOR=7 -DGC_VERSION_MICRO=0 -DHAVE_BDWGC_GC -DHAVE_BOEHM_GC -DDEFAULT_GC_NAME="BDWGC" -DNO_CRT=1 -DDONT_USE_ATEXIT=1 -DNO_GETENV=1 -D_DEBUG -I"." -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/bdwgc/libatomic_ops/src" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/bdwgc/include" -o "artifacts/boehm-gc/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/bdwgc/extra/gc.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc "D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/DotsRuntimeBuild/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/bdwgc/extra/gc.c"
    103. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    104. EM_CACHE=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.38.28
    105. EM_CONFIG=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.38.28.py
    106. ##### ExitCode
    107. 1
    108. ##### Output
    109. Traceback (most recent call last):
    111.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py", line 28, in <module>
    113.     from __future__ import print_function
    115. ImportError: cannot import name print_function
    116. [!FAILED!  34/481  0s] C_WebGL_asmjs artifacts/libil2cpp/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System.Threading/Interlocked.o
    117. ##### CommandLine
    118. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-threadsafe-statics -std=c++11 -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DNET_4_0 -DGC_NOT_DLL -DRUNTIME_IL2CPP -DLIBIL2CPP_IS_IN_EXECUTABLE=1 -DDEBUG -DIL2CPP_DEBUG -DIL2CPP_TINY -D_DEBUG -I"." -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpp" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/xxHash" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/bdwgc/include" -o "artifacts/libil2cpp/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System.Threading/Interlocked.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc++ "D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/DotsRuntimeBuild/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System.Threading/Interlocked.cpp"
    119. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    120. EM_CACHE=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.38.28
    121. EM_CONFIG=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.38.28.py
    122. ##### ExitCode
    123. 1
    124. ##### Output
    125. Traceback (most recent call last):
    127.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py", line 28, in <module>
    129.     from __future__ import print_function
    131. ImportError: cannot import name print_function
    132. [!FAILED!  35/481  0s] C_WebGL_asmjs artifacts/libil2cpp/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System.Runtime.InteropServices/GCHandle.o
    133. ##### CommandLine
    134. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-threadsafe-statics -std=c++11 -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DNET_4_0 -DGC_NOT_DLL -DRUNTIME_IL2CPP -DLIBIL2CPP_IS_IN_EXECUTABLE=1 -DDEBUG -DIL2CPP_DEBUG -DIL2CPP_TINY -D_DEBUG -I"." -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpp" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/xxHash" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/bdwgc/include" -o "artifacts/libil2cpp/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System.Runtime.InteropServices/GCHandle.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc++ "D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/DotsRuntimeBuild/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System.Runtime.InteropServices/GCHandle.cpp"
    135. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    136. EM_CACHE=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.38.28
    137. EM_CONFIG=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.38.28.py
    138. ##### ExitCode
    139. 1
    140. ##### Output
    141. Traceback (most recent call last):
    143.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py", line 28, in <module>
    145.     from __future__ import print_function
    147. ImportError: cannot import name print_function
    148. [!FAILED!  36/481  0s] C_WebGL_asmjs artifacts/libil2cpp/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System.Diagnostics/Stopwatch.o
    149. ##### CommandLine
    150. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-threadsafe-statics -std=c++11 -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DNET_4_0 -DGC_NOT_DLL -DRUNTIME_IL2CPP -DLIBIL2CPP_IS_IN_EXECUTABLE=1 -DDEBUG -DIL2CPP_DEBUG -DIL2CPP_TINY -D_DEBUG -I"." -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpp" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/xxHash" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/bdwgc/include" -o "artifacts/libil2cpp/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System.Diagnostics/Stopwatch.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc++ "D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/DotsRuntimeBuild/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System.Diagnostics/Stopwatch.cpp"
    151. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    152. EM_CACHE=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.38.28
    153. EM_CONFIG=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.38.28.py
    154. ##### ExitCode
    155. 1
    156. ##### Output
    157. Traceback (most recent call last):
    159.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py", line 28, in <module>
    161.     from __future__ import print_function
    163. ImportError: cannot import name print_function
    164. [!FAILED!  37/481  0s] C_WebGL_asmjs artifacts/libil2cpp/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System/Console.o
    165. ##### CommandLine
    166. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-threadsafe-statics -std=c++11 -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DNET_4_0 -DGC_NOT_DLL -DRUNTIME_IL2CPP -DLIBIL2CPP_IS_IN_EXECUTABLE=1 -DDEBUG -DIL2CPP_DEBUG -DIL2CPP_TINY -D_DEBUG -I"." -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpp" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/xxHash" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/bdwgc/include" -o "artifacts/libil2cpp/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System/Console.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc++ "D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/DotsRuntimeBuild/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System/Console.cpp"
    167. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    168. EM_CACHE=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.38.28
    169. EM_CONFIG=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.38.28.py
    170. ##### ExitCode
    171. 1
    172. ##### Output
    173. Traceback (most recent call last):
    175.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py", line 28, in <module>
    177.     from __future__ import print_function
    179. ImportError: cannot import name print_function
    180. [!FAILED!  38/481  0s] C_WebGL_asmjs artifacts/libil2cpp/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System/Environment.o
    181. ##### CommandLine
    182. "artifacts\Stevedore\winpython2-x64\WinPython-64bit-2.7.13.1Zero\python-2.7.13.amd64\python.exe" "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py" -D__webgl__ -Wno-warn-absolute-paths -Wno-c++11-extensions -Wno-nonportable-include-path -ffunction-sections -fno-unwind-tables -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-exceptions -fno-threadsafe-statics -std=c++11 -fvisibility=hidden -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -O2 -fno-strict-aliasing -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fmessage-length=0 -pipe -DNET_4_0 -DGC_NOT_DLL -DRUNTIME_IL2CPP -DLIBIL2CPP_IS_IN_EXECUTABLE=1 -DDEBUG -DIL2CPP_DEBUG -DIL2CPP_TINY -D_DEBUG -I"." -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpp" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/xxHash" -I"artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/external/bdwgc/include" -o "artifacts/libil2cpp/asmjs-debug/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System/Environment.o" -fcolor-diagnostics -fdiagnostics-absolute-paths -c -xc++ "D:/Projekty/hubbly/Library/DotsRuntimeBuild/artifacts/Stevedore/il2cpp/libil2cpptiny/icalls/mscorlib/System/Environment.cpp"
    183. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    184. EM_CACHE=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-cache-1.38.28
    185. EM_CONFIG=D:\Projekty\hubbly\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\emscripten-config-1.38.28.py
    186. ##### ExitCode
    187. 1
    188. ##### Output
    189. Traceback (most recent call last):
    191.   File "artifacts\Stevedore\emscripten\emscripten-nightly-1.38.28-2019_04_05_07_52\emcc.py", line 28, in <module>
    193.     from __future__ import print_function
    195. ImportError: cannot import name print_function
    196. *** Bee build failed (0.20 seconds), 15 items updated
    #EDIT with solution
    In my case, reinstalling Unity with Windows Defender and Antivirus turned off, deleting artifacts folder (from PROJECT_NAME\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild) and freshly installing packages for the web builds helped.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  23. vincismurf

vincismurf

Dev Team I have a Thread on the Beta forum that might help track down why ProjectTiny won't work.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/2019-2-0b4-and-vs-2019.690316/#post-4624276

To summarize.

At Home I can load Project Tiny and use the Beta perfectly fine. But at work I CANNOT use Project Tiny or the Beta.

I can get trick the beta to work without Tiny by creating a project in 2019.1 then upgrading it to the beta. However once I add the tiny project with the helloworld.csproject the project does not load correctly. Basically the "Attach to Unity" Button says "Start" and will show a dialog complaining about missing assets/resources if I press it.

I have no reason why the behaviors are different. But please follow the link and perhaps talk with the Beta team to resolve the issue.

Cheers.
    AR

raymondyunity likes this.
  24. Rocco_B

Rocco_B

One of the old examples for a skinning system in Project Tiny involved doing something like the following.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. const newPath: string = "assets/sprites/Game/wall-tile-" +
    2.     StringService.zeroPad(skinConfig.CurrentWallSkin, 3);
    3. pRenderer.sprite = this.world.getEntityByName(newPath);
    I wanted to replicate this behavior in C# however I just realized that the assets don't seem to be stored as entities. When I grab all the entities and log their names, none of the assets are there. Is there some other way to change an sprite reference at runtime?

25. AlexMasse

AlexMasse

You could have a component that references sprite entities like this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. public struct SkinSpriteReferences : IComponentData
    2. {
    3.         [EntityWithComponents(typeof(Sprite2D))]
    4.         public Entity Skin1Sprite;
    5.         [EntityWithComponents(typeof(Sprite2D))]
    6.         public Entity Skin2Sprite;
    7. }
    Add that component to your entity in the editor and fill the references.

Then, in your code, get the SkinSpriteReferences component on your entity and set the sprite on the Sprite2DRenderer:

Code (CSharp):
    1. var skinSprites = EntityManager.GetComponentData<SkinSpriteReferences>(entity);
    2. if (currentSkin == 1)
    3.     mySpriteRenderer.sprite = skinSprites.Skin1Sprite;
    4. else if (currentSkin == 2)
    5.     mySpriteRenderer.sprite = skinSprites.Skin2Sprite;

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  26. sercand

sercand

For those who got following error on MacOS

tundra: error: unable to map helloworld-macos-dotnet-debug to any named node or input/output file

You must have Xcode installed at /Application/Xcode.app not any other directory.

27. bugshake

bugshake

It didn't work for me. Windows 10. The results:

Unity 2019.3a didn't get very far. Could not compile because of the following error:

Library\PackageCache\com.unity.collections@0.0.9-preview.20\Unity.Collections\UnsafeUtilityEx.cs(33,27): error CS0117: 'UnsafeUtility' does not contain a definition for 'MemSet'

Unity 2019.2b got a lot further. Opening the scene prompted to install TextMeshPro, then it showed the text in a 1 character wide textbox. The red background was not visible.

I clicked the 'run' button with platform set to Windows Dotnet Debug and it failed because it could not find a bunch of files:

Code (JavaScript):
    2. [!FAILED!  22/326  0s] C_Win32 artifacts/lib_unity_zerojobs/windows-dotnet-develop/abs-DAB4CB3/dummy.obj
    3. [!FAILED!  26/326  0s] C_Win32 artifacts/lib_unity_lowlevel/windows-dotnet-develop/abs-DAB4CB3/dummy.obj
    4. ... etc
    Same for Windows Dotnet Develop
    Same for Windows Dotnet Release

Web (wasm) version will succeed in building a page which will say "oh snap!" in chrome.

HOWEVER: IT WORKED IN FIREFOX hurray!
    I'm seeing a red background, a white text 'hello world' centered and a rotating black unity logo behind it.

I have to say, it's a pretty damn cool prospect to be able to build high performance tiny wasm projects in Unity using the DOTS.. The whole editor/compile environment needs to get a factor 100 faster for it to be usable though: it took in total about 20-30minutes of progress bars from 'New Project' to running web app.

28. Dudledok

Dudledok

I have modified the SpawnShipSystem in the Spawn And Destroy demo to spawn a ship every time I click the mouse, however a ship isn't always spawned.

Here is my modified code:
    Code (CSharp):
    2.         protected override void OnUpdate()
    3.         {
    4.             var env = World.TinyEnvironment();
    5.             var inputSystem = World.GetExistingSystem<InputSystem>();
    7.             if (inputSystem.GetMouseButtonDown(0))
    8.             {
    9.                 Console.WriteLine("Mouse clicked");
    11.                 var allyShips = env.GetConfigBufferData<AllyShips>().Reinterpret<SceneReference>()
    12.                                    .ToNativeArray(Unity.Collections.Allocator.Temp);
    14.                 SceneService.LoadSceneAsync(allyShips[m_random.NextInt(allyShips.Length)]);
    16.                 return;
    17.             }
    18.         }
    I can see that the click is always detected, but every few clicks there won't be a ship on the screen and the counter in the UI won't go up.

29. rockes

rockes

Use the exact version of Unity specified in the tutorial, I used the latest beta 2019.2.0b5 and it didn't work, however, it did work for me with 2019.2.0b3.

MaDDoX likes this.
  30. TwoorbJan

TwoorbJan

Calling ToString() on a byte throws an exception on platform Web (only tested in Debug).

Is there somewhere to report bugs or should it all go into this thread?

31. TwoorbJan

TwoorbJan

Calling World.TinyEnvironment().GetConfigData in OnCreate returns an empty (default) struct.
    Making the same call in OnUpdate returns the expected result.

Is there some kind of setup (attribute/etc) that I can use so the TinyEnvironment has finished its setup process before I try to access the config entity?

32. TwoorbJan

TwoorbJan

Is there any plan on supporting exceptions in Web? From what I understand I can't even try/catch an exception thrown.

33. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

We'll "support" throwing exceptions, but not catching them. You will be able to get the exception message though

TwoorbJan likes this.
  34. Ferran_SP

Ferran_SP

Looks like OnCreate is called before the Config is available.
    https://forum.unity.com/threads/get-data-from-config.690772/#post-4620508

TwoorbJan likes this.
  35. PatientZero

PatientZero

Tried it on (german) Windows 10 and get the following error on build.

36. winxalex

winxalex

1) Why not coding in C#. Not another script. I want to code in C# (what you translate behind can be hieroglyphs doens't care
    2)

From presonal experience when you start to choke trying to explain something you've created there are big flows in design.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. this.usingCompentData(explosion...
    is the one of the ugliest patches that I've seen. If the PlayerCollisionSystem is component to instantiate explosion, Explosion is another entity and should be handled by its own components. But problem how to pass position from one component to another.
    So how Components can communicate in ECS? How you can schedule components when one finish other to start? How to handle event ? How to work with statemachine to enable one group of jobs and disable other groups?.....Comand buffers, MessageQueue,....
    Seem also most of Unity stuff is still new to the ECS thinking too.....

37. yossi_horowitz_artie

yossi_horowitz_artie

You can't find good answers to all of your questions in one place yet, but if you spend time trawling this forum
    https://forum.unity.com/forums/data-oriented-technology-stack.147/
    you'll find that answers to all of your questions are there.

I also recommend this book:
    http://www.dataorienteddesign.com/dodmain/

Broadly speaking:
    - Components don't communicate; they just sit there. Systems communicate; components are the medium by which they communicate.
    - This should address your questions about update order, I think? https://docs.unity3d.com/Packages/com.unity.entities@0.0/manual/system_update_order.html
    - For the most part, you don't want to turn systems on and off by hand; instead, you want to set up their queries so that they run only when entities with the component types they need are present. (See "Existence Based Processing" in the book I linked above)
    - If a system needs to create an event: create a new component to represent the event type, create a new entity, and add the component to that entity. To handle the event: create a system that only runs when an entity which is of that event type exists, have it do whatever it needs to do in response to the event, and destroy the entity.

winxalex and NotaNaN like this.
  38. sniffle63

sniffle63

Theres alot to read threw in this post, so i didnt read it thoroughly to see if someone has said this and before i do say it.. first off.. amazing job! Thanks for releasing this for us!

But one thing that is really bothering me right now, is when i create a new script i have to close unity and reopen it to get it to recognize my scripts (specifically on 'IBufferElementData' and 'IComponentData')

39. garrido86

garrido86

Hey there, I like to know if there are plans for the future to support embedded platforms. I think Unity tiny has great potential for those platforms like in-car entertainment, vending machines or even industrial machines that need to display data.

40. Frickinlaser

Frickinlaser

I'm using Rider, and all I need to do is right click Assets and open DOTS-project. Then it recompiles it and all new files are immediately available in Rider when I switch back to it. No need to close either Unity or Rider. I haven't tried it with Visual Studio yet so not sure if it applies there.

41. sniffle63

sniffle63

Im also using jetbrains rider, every time i create a new script i have to close out of rider and reopen it with the open DOTS C# project button. I guess what your saying is i dont have to close it, but simply reclick the button. Ill give it a shot

Another thing i noticed, is you can play(build) the game from your IDE, but if you make a change in the editor. You have to build it from the editor once before that change will take effect in your IDE build

42. sniffle63

sniffle63

Is there a reason we have to use WithAll<T> for components we are using as tags instead of using it as a reference? I know its empty and has nothing to pull from. But it still seems weird to not be able to use that as a filter do to it being empty
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Entities.ForAll((Entity entity, ref SomeTag tag) => {
    3. });
    If some tag is an empty component you have to use WithAll<T>.

Maybe im just thinking about it oddly, but its better to ask than to assume.

43. furroy

furroy

They have mentioned in other posts they are going to rework the WithX() and ForEach() pattern

44. Zealot2018

Zealot2018

we need new update!it's almost 2 weeks now

romiohasan likes this.
  45. firatcetiner

firatcetiner

I'm getting this wierd error while trying to build. Any ideas?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. Build failed. Open C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\build.log for more details.
    2. ##### ExitCode
    3. 2
    4. ##### Output
    5. EntityWrappers.cpp
    7. C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus\cpp~\src\EntityWrappers.cpp(11): warning C4273: 'Unity::Entities::bindings::sEntityManagerDelegates': inconsistent dll linkage
    9. C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus\cpp~\include\EntityWrappers.h(25): note: see previous definition of 'sEntityManagerDelegates'
    11. C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus\cpp~\src\EntityWrappers.cpp(15): warning C4273: 'Unity::Entities::TypeManager::TypeIndexForStableTypeHash': inconsistent dll linkage
    13. c:\users\firat\documents\unityprojects\tiny_demo\library\packagecache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\dotsmodules\unity.entities.cplusplus\cpp~\include\EntityTypes.h(193): note: see previous definition of 'TypeIndexForStableTypeHash'
    15. C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus\cpp~\src\EntityWrappers.cpp(22): error C2491: 'SetEntityManagerDelegates': definition of dllimport function not allowed
    17. C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus\cpp~\src\EntityWrappers.cpp(29): error C2491: 'MakeEntityManagerWrapper': definition of dllimport function not allowed
    18. *** Bee build failed (2.06 seconds), 6 items updated
    20. UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    21. Unity.Debug:LogError(Object) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.entities@0.0.12-preview.33/Unity.Entities/Stubs/Unity/Debug.cs:10)
    22. Unity.Editor.Build.BuildStepRunBee:Run(BuildContext) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/Unity.Editor/Unity.Editor.Build/BuildStepRunBee.cs:83)
    23. Unity.Editor.Build.BuildPipeline:RunBuildSteps(IReadOnlyList`1, BuildContext) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/Unity.Editor/Unity.Editor.Build/BuildPipeline.cs:137)
    24. Unity.Editor.Build.BuildPipeline:Build(BuildSettings) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/Unity.Editor/Unity.Editor.Build/BuildPipeline.cs:110)
    25. Unity.Editor.Application:Build() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/Unity.Editor/Unity.Editor/Application.cs:131)
    26. Unity.Editor.Application:BuildAndRun() (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/Unity.Editor/Unity.Editor/Application.cs:142)
    27. Unity.Editor.Modes.PlayBar:PlayCommandHandler(CommandExecuteContext) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/Unity.Editor/Unity.Editor.Modes/PlayBar.cs:15)
    28. UnityEditor.CommandService:Execute(String)
    29. Unity.Editor.Modes.PlayBar:DrawPlayBar(CommandExecuteContext) (at Library/PackageCache/com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview/Unity.Editor/Unity.Editor.Modes/PlayBar.cs:79)
    30. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Here is my build.log:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [ 95/365  0s] CopyTool build/Demo/Demo-windows-dotnet-debug/Data/46b433b264c69cbd39f04ad2e5d12be8
    2. [ 96/365  0s] CopyTool build/Demo/Demo-windows-dotnet-debug/Data/7a724f7a18cb47ddba5d7390b5a60bf1
    3. [114/365  1s] C_Win32 artifacts/lib_unity_tiny_math/windows-dotnet-debug/abs-B742A0E7/Vector4.obj
    4. [115/365  1s] C_Win32 artifacts/lib_unity_tiny_math/windows-dotnet-debug/abs-B742A0E7/Vector3.obj
    5. [         0s] Destroying MsPDBSrv (15.8)
    6. [         0s] Destroying Visual Studio Telemetry (VCTIP.EXE)
    7. [!FAILED! 112/365  0s] C_Win32 artifacts/lib_unity_entities_cplusplus/windows-dotnet-debug/artifacts/bindgen/Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus-windows-dotnet-debug/bind-Unity_Entities_CPlusPlus.obj
    8. ##### CommandLine
    9. "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2017/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.16.27023/bin/Hostx86/x86/cl.exe" "C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\bindgen\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus-windows-dotnet-debug\bind-Unity_Entities_CPlusPlus.cpp" /MTd /c /bigobj /cgthreads2 /Od /RTC1 /TP /D_HAS_EXCEPTIONS=0 /GR- /Gy /nologo /Zi /Zf /GS- /W3 /DUNICODE /D_UNICODE /D_SECURE_SCL=0 /D_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0 /D_HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING=0 /DWINAPI_FAMILY=WINAPI_FAMILY_DESKTOP_APP /DUNITY_WINDOWS=1 /DBUILD_UNİTY_ENTİTİES_CPLUSPLUS=1 /DDEBUG=1 /DBINDGEM_DOTS=1 /DWIN32 /DWINDOWS /D_WINDOWS /D_DEBUG /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /D_SCL_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /D_WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS /D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE /I"C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild" /I"C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsPlayer\bee~\cppsupport\include" /I"C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus\cpp~\include" /I"C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\bindgen\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus-windows-dotnet-debug" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\include" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.16299.0\shared" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.16299.0\um" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.16299.0\winrt" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.16299.0\ucrt" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.16299.0\cppwinrt" /Fd"C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\lib_unity_entities_cplusplus\windows-dotnet-debug\lib_unity_entities_cplusplus_compiler.pdb" /FS /Fo"C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\lib_unity_entities_cplusplus\windows-dotnet-debug\artifacts\bindgen\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus-windows-dotnet-debug\bind-Unity_Entities_CPlusPlus.obj" /D_HAS_AUTO_PTR_ETC=1 /D_SILENCE_ALL_CXX17_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS /Zc:__cplusplus /std:c++latest
    10. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    11. PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.16299.0\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\bin\Hostx64\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.16299.0\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x86
    12. _MSPDBSRV_ENDPOINT_=16194769207807189322
    13. ##### ExitCode
    14. 2
    15. ##### Output
    16. bind-Unity_Entities_CPlusPlus.cpp
    18. C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\bindgen\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus-windows-dotnet-debug\bind-Unity_Entities_CPlusPlus.cpp(4): error C3872: '0xb0': this character is not allowed in an identifier
    20. C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\bindgen\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus-windows-dotnet-debug\bind-Unity_Entities_CPlusPlus.cpp(5): error C3872: '0xb0': this character is not allowed in an identifier
    21. [!FAILED! 113/365  1s] C_Win32 artifacts/lib_unity_entities_cplusplus/windows-dotnet-debug/abs-D06C7593/EntityWrappers.obj
    22. ##### CommandLine
    23. "C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio/2017/Community/VC/Tools/MSVC/14.16.27023/bin/Hostx86/x86/cl.exe" "C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus\cpp~\src\EntityWrappers.cpp" /MTd /c /bigobj /cgthreads2 /Od /RTC1 /TP /D_HAS_EXCEPTIONS=0 /GR- /Gy /nologo /Zi /Zf /GS- /W3 /DUNICODE /D_UNICODE /D_SECURE_SCL=0 /D_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL=0 /D_HAS_ITERATOR_DEBUGGING=0 /DWINAPI_FAMILY=WINAPI_FAMILY_DESKTOP_APP /DUNITY_WINDOWS=1 /DBUILD_UNİTY_ENTİTİES_CPLUSPLUS=1 /DDEBUG=1 /DBINDGEM_DOTS=1 /DWIN32 /DWINDOWS /D_WINDOWS /D_DEBUG /D_CRT_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /D_SCL_SECURE_NO_DEPRECATE /D_WINSOCK_DEPRECATED_NO_WARNINGS /D_CRT_NONSTDC_NO_DEPRECATE /I"C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild" /I"C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsPlayer\bee~\cppsupport\include" /I"C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus\cpp~\include" /I"C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\bindgen\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus-windows-dotnet-debug" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\include" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.16299.0\shared" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.16299.0\um" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.16299.0\winrt" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.16299.0\ucrt" /I"C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\Include\10.0.16299.0\cppwinrt" /Fd"C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\lib_unity_entities_cplusplus\windows-dotnet-debug\lib_unity_entities_cplusplus_compiler.pdb" /FS /Fo"C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\DotsRuntimeBuild\artifacts\lib_unity_entities_cplusplus\windows-dotnet-debug\abs-D06C7593\EntityWrappers.obj" /D_HAS_AUTO_PTR_ETC=1 /D_SILENCE_ALL_CXX17_DEPRECATION_WARNINGS /Zc:__cplusplus /std:c++latest
    24. ##### Custom Environment Variables
    25. PATH=C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.16299.0\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2017\Community\VC\Tools\MSVC\14.16.27023\bin\Hostx64\x64;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\10.0.16299.0\x86;C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10\bin\x86
    26. _MSPDBSRV_ENDPOINT_=16194769207807189322
    27. ##### ExitCode
    28. 2
    29. ##### Output
    30. EntityWrappers.cpp
    32. C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus\cpp~\src\EntityWrappers.cpp(11): warning C4273: 'Unity::Entities::bindings::sEntityManagerDelegates': inconsistent dll linkage
    34. C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus\cpp~\include\EntityWrappers.h(25): note: see previous definition of 'sEntityManagerDelegates'
    36. C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus\cpp~\src\EntityWrappers.cpp(15): warning C4273: 'Unity::Entities::TypeManager::TypeIndexForStableTypeHash': inconsistent dll linkage
    38. c:\users\firat\documents\unityprojects\tiny_demo\library\packagecache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\dotsmodules\unity.entities.cplusplus\cpp~\include\EntityTypes.h(193): note: see previous definition of 'TypeIndexForStableTypeHash'
    40. C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus\cpp~\src\EntityWrappers.cpp(22): error C2491: 'SetEntityManagerDelegates': definition of dllimport function not allowed
    42. C:\Users\Firat\Documents\UnityProjects\Tiny_Demo\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.tiny@0.15.3-preview\DotsModules\Unity.Entities.CPlusPlus\cpp~\src\EntityWrappers.cpp(29): error C2491: 'MakeEntityManagerWrapper': definition of dllimport function not allowed
    43. *** Bee build failed (2.06 seconds), 6 items updated
    Using 2019.2.0b5, Windows 10 x64

46. ToRe5

ToRe5

Does anyone have an idea how to use fbinstant SDK with the newest version of Unity Tiny (C#)? Is it even possible?

47. ovirta

ovirta

Having issues running sample projects with Windows Dotnet - Debug. Also IL2CPP fails. Asmjs and Wasm seem to work ok.

Build fails with following error message in command prompt:
    GLFW Error Code 65543: WGL: OpenGL profile requested but WGL_ARB_create_context_profile is unavailable.
    GLFW window creation failed.

Versions and setup:
    Unity: 2019.2..0b5
    VS 2019 (16.1.3)
    Thinkpad T420s (Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2640M, Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000)​

Didn't really know where to look for the log so here are few videos and pic of the case (partly finnish, sorry).

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  48. Reborn1214

Reborn1214

When to add SpriteMask??

49. romiohasan

romiohasan

[editor bug] I am facing the following Error in my Tiny C# project, now its crashing again and again. I'm blocked!

IndexOutOfRangeException: Index has to be between upper and lower bound of the array.
    System.Array.GetValue (System.Int32 index) (at <23c160f925be47d7a4fd083a3a62c920>:0)

I have already created a thread here : https://forum.unity.com/threads/tiny-c-error-loading-a-scene-indexoutofrangeexception.694894/

please help!

Windows 10 + Unity 2019.2.0b4

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  50. Lucas-Meijer

Lucas-Meijer

Unity Technologies

Any chance you're using remote desktop to log into the pc? we have that issue from time to time. If that's not the case, try newer 3d drivers, looks like for somer reason we fail to initialize opengl on your machine.

L

ovirta likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.